7 Top Idioms For Adventure
English Idioms for Adventure, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English is filled with them.
For English Learners, idioms are confusing to understand, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Adventure, students learning English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners bump into comprehending the true meaning and proper usage. This list of idioms for Adventure makes learning trouble-free, with common Adventure idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Adventure together.
Idioms for Adventure with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. All’s Fair
Definition and Meaning: All’s Fair
The expression “all’s fair” means that anything is allowed and that there are no rules.
All’s Fair Example Sentences:
- I know you’re upset that I got the promotion, but all’s fair in love and war
- I know you think I’m being unfair, but all’s fair in the game of business
- I know you think I’m taking advantage of you, but all’s fair in the world of negotiation
- I know you think I’m being too aggressive, but all’s fair in the pursuit of success
- I know you think I’m being too competitive, but all’s fair in the race to the top
2. Blood Is Thicker Than Water
Definition and Meaning: Blood Is Thicker Than Water
The expression “blood is thicker than water” is a proverb that means family relationships are stronger than other relationships.
Blood Is Thicker Than Water Example Sentences:
- My brother and I may fight a lot, but at the end of the day, blood is thicker than water
- My parents may not approve of my choices, but I know that blood is thicker than water
- My sister and I may not always get along, but I know that blood is thicker than water
- My family may not always agree, but I know that blood is thicker than water
- My cousins and I may not always see eye to eye, but I know that blood is thicker than water
3. A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
Definition and Meaning: A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
The expression “A stitch in time saves nine” is an idiom that means that it is better to fix a problem when it is small because it will take less time and effort than if it is allowed to become bigger.
A Stitch In Time Saves Nine Example Sentences:
- If you notice a small crack in your car’s windshield, get it fixed right away – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having trouble with a project at work, ask for help early on – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having a disagreement with a friend, address it as soon as possible – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having trouble with a class, talk to your professor right away – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having trouble with a task at home, ask for help before it gets too complicated – a stitch in time saves nine
4. No Man Is An Island
Definition and Meaning: No Man Is An Island
The expression “No man is an island” means that no one is alone and that everyone is connected to others.
No Man Is An Island Example Sentences:
- We all need help from time to time, no man is an island and we should be willing to ask for assistance when needed
- No one can do it all alone, no man is an island and it’s important to have a strong support system
- We all need someone to lean on, no man is an island and it’s important to have people in our lives who we can trust
- No one can go through life alone, no man is an island and it’s important to have friends and family to rely on
- We all need someone to talk to, no man is an island and it’s important to have people in our lives who we can confide in
5. A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned
Definition and Meaning: A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned
The expression “A penny saved is a penny earned” means that if you save money, it is the same as if you had earned that money.
A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned Example Sentences:
- I’m trying to save money for a new car, so I’m cutting back on my daily coffee A penny saved is a penny earned!
- I’m going to start investing in stocks and mutual funds A penny saved is a penny earned!
- I’m going to start bringing my lunch to work instead of eating out A penny saved is a penny earned!
- I’m going to start using coupons when I go grocery shopping A penny saved is a penny earned!
- I’m going to start carpooling to work with my coworkers A penny saved is a penny earned!
6. An Apple A Day
Definition and Meaning: An Apple A Day
The expression “an apple a day” means that eating an apple every day is a good way to stay healthy.
An Apple A Day Example Sentences:
- My grandmother always says that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, so I make sure to eat one every day
- I’m trying to stay healthy, so I’m following the old adage of an apple a day
- My mom always tells me that an apple a day is the best way to stay healthy and fit
- I’m trying to make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals I need, so I’m eating an apple a day
- I’m trying to stay healthy, so I’m following the old saying of an apple a day to keep the doctor away
7. Don’t Judge Something By Its Appearance
Definition and Meaning: Don’t Judge Something By Its Appearance
This expression means that you should not judge something based on how it looks.
Don’t Judge Something By Its Appearance Example Sentences:
- Just because the restaurant looks run-down, doesn’t mean the food isn’t delicious Don’t judge something by its appearance.
- My car may not look like much, but it runs like a dream Don’t judge something by its appearance.
- That old house may look like it’s falling apart, but it’s actually been renovated inside Don’t judge something by its appearance.
- My friend may not look like the most successful person, but he’s actually a millionaire Don’t judge something by its appearance.
- That book may look boring, but it’s actually full of exciting stories Don’t judge something by its appearance.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and meanings?
|Helpful Idioms For A Crowded Place|
|Useful Idioms For Clothes|
|Best Idioms For Liking Something|
|Useful Idioms For Bad Experience|
|Best Idioms For Speech|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it's important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she's not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.
Improve your English Faster with Lilly!
An Artificial Intelligent Tutor!
How long will it take you to improve your English?
Design, write and practice your own phrases or learn 3,500+ premade English phrases with Lilly!