7 Helpful Idioms For Beach
English Idioms for Beach, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms are difficult to grasp, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Beach, english learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This list of idioms for Beach makes learning simple, with common Beach idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Beach together.
Idioms for Beach with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. In For A Long Haul
Definition and Meaning: In For A Long Haul
The expression “in for a long haul” means that someone is going to be doing something for a long time.
In For A Long Haul Example Sentences:
- We’ve been working on this project for months, and it looks like we’re in for a long haul.
- Starting a business is a difficult process, and I’m in for a long haul.
- My daughter is studying for her college entrance exams, so we’re in for a long haul.
- We’ve been dealing with this legal issue for years, and it looks like we’re in for a long haul.
- My husband and I are renovating our house, so we’re in for a long haul.
2. Hit The Beach
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Beach
The expression “hit the beach” means to go to the beach for recreation or relaxation.
Hit The Beach Example Sentences:
- We decided to hit the beach for our summer vacation this year.
- After a long week of work, I’m ready to hit the beach and relax.
- Let’s hit the beach this weekend and catch some rays.
- We’re going to hit the beach early tomorrow morning to watch the sunrise.
- The kids can’t wait to hit the beach and build sandcastles.
3. Let One’s Hair Down
Definition and Meaning: Let One’s Hair Down
The expression “let one’s hair down” means to relax by forgetting one’s inhibitions.
Let One’s Hair Down Example Sentences:
- It’s your birthday, Dean. Let your hair down for once.
- You know, I’d love to let my hair down but I don’t have any.
- Since having a child, Salome hasn’t been able to let her hair down.
- You can’t feel guilty about letting your hair down. You need that once in a while.
- Don’t you think someone has been letting their hair down a little bit too much?
4. To Get Away From It All
Definition and Meaning: To Get Away From It All
The expression “to get away from it all” means to take a break from everything that is going on in your life.
To Get Away From It All Example Sentences:
- I’m planning a weekend getaway to the mountains to get away from it all
- After a stressful week at work, I’m looking forward to a relaxing vacation to get away from it all
- I’m taking a road trip to the beach to get away from it all and clear my head
- I’m going camping in the woods to get away from it all and reconnect with nature
- I’m booking a cruise to get away from it all and enjoy some time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
5. Have A Whale Of A Time
Definition and Meaning: Have A Whale Of A Time
The expression “have a whale of a time” means to enjoy something thoroughly.
Have A Whale Of A Time Example Sentences:
- We are having a whale of a time at the beach.
- Dixie’s on her first cruise so she’s having a whale of a time.
- We can’t wait to have a whale of a time at my brother’s new pool.
- I believe Siti’s idea of having a whale of a time is endless shots of tequila.
- You’ll have a whale of a time at the beach. We have it all to ourselves.
Definition and Meaning: People-Watch
The expression “people-watch” is often used to describe the act of observing other people’s behavior.
People-Watch Example Sentences:
- I love to go to the park and people-watch.
7. Enjoy The Waves
Definition and Meaning: Enjoy The Waves
The expression “enjoy the waves” means to enjoy the moment and not worry about the future.
Enjoy The Waves Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I decided to enjoy the waves and relax at the beach.
- We decided to enjoy the waves and take a boat ride around the lake.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|Top Idioms For Thank You|
|Useful Idioms For Agreeing With Someone|
|Common Idioms For Bad|
|Helpful Idioms For Cool|
|Helpful Idioms For Sweet|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he's not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.
Improve your English Faster with Lilly!
An Artificial Intelligent Tutor!
How long will it take you to improve your English?
Design, write and practice your own phrases or learn 3,500+ premade English phrases with Lilly!