English Idioms for Beautiful Flowers, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms are hard to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners contend with comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This idioms list of Beautiful Flowers makes learning easy as ABC, with common Beautiful Flowers idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Beautiful Flowers together.
Idioms for Beautiful Flowers with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. All That Glitters Is Not Gold
Definition and Meaning: All That Glitter Is Not Gold
This expression means that just because something is shiny or looks valuable, that doesn’t mean it actually is valuable.
All That Glitter Is Not Gold Example Sentences:
- She thought the new job offer was too good to be true, but she soon realized that all that glitter is not gold.
- He was so taken in by the flashy car that he didn’t realize it was a lemon; all that glitter is not gold.
- She was dazzled by the diamond necklace, but it turned out to be a fake; all that glitter is not gold.
- He thought the new apartment was perfect, but he soon found out that all that glitter is not gold.
- She was so impressed by the fancy restaurant, but the food was terrible; all that glitter is not gold.
2. A Rose By Any Other Name
Definition and Meaning: A Rose By Any Other Name
The expression “a rose by any other name” means that a thing or person would be just as good if they had a different name.
A Rose By Any Other Name Example Sentences:
- My parents gave me a different name at birth, but a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.
- I may not have the same title as my colleagues, but a rose by any other name is still a rose.
- My friend changed her name when she got married, but a rose by any other name is still the same person.
- My boss may call it a ‘team-building exercise’, but a rose by any other name is still a company picnic.
- My professor may call it a ‘research project’, but a rose by any other name is still a term paper.
3. A Breath Of Fresh Air
Definition and Meaning: A Breath Of Fresh Air
The expression “a breath of fresh air” is used to describe something that is new and different.
A Breath Of Fresh Air Example Sentences:
- After months of being cooped up inside, going outside for a walk was a breath of fresh air.
- After the long, stressful meeting, the boss’s joke was a breath of fresh air.
- After months of studying for exams, the weekend was a breath of fresh air.
- After a long day of work, the cool breeze was a breath of fresh air.
- After a long argument, the peace and quiet were a breath of fresh air.
4. Stop And Smell The Roses
Definition and Meaning: Stop And Smell The Roses
The expression “stop and smell the roses” is often used to encourage people to take a break from their busy lives and enjoy the simple things in life.
Stop And Smell The Roses Example Sentences:
- After a long day at work, I decided to take a break and stop and smell the roses.
- Instead of rushing through life, my grandmother always reminds me to stop and smell the roses.
- On my way home from school, I stopped to admire the flowers and stop and smell the roses.
- My friend and I decided to take a walk in the park and stop and smell the roses.
- Instead of worrying about the future, I’m trying to take a step back and stop and smell the roses.
5. Easy On The Eyes
Definition and Meaning: Easy On The Eyes
The expression “easy on the eyes” is used to describe something that is visually appealing.
Easy On The Eyes Example Sentences:
- She had a beautiful face that was easy on the eyes.
- His new car was sleek and modern, easy on the eyes.
- The landscape was lush and green, easy on the eyes.
- The new website design was simple and clean, easy on the eyes.
- The painting was vibrant and colorful, easy on the eyes.
6. A Diamond In The Rough
Definition and Meaning: A Diamond In The Rough
The expression “a diamond in the rough” is used to describe someone or something that has potential but is not yet fully developed or polished.
A Diamond In The Rough Example Sentences:
- My little brother may be a bit of a troublemaker, but he’s a diamond in the rough and I know he’ll grow up to be a great person.
- I found this old painting at a flea market and it turned out to be a real diamond in the rough – it’s worth a fortune!
- My new assistant is a bit clumsy and inexperienced, but I can tell she’s a diamond in the rough and will be a great asset to the team.
- My son was a bit of a wild child in high school, but he’s a diamond in the rough and is now a successful doctor.
- This old house looks a bit run down, but I can tell it’s a diamond in the rough and will be beautiful once it’s been renovated.
7. Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining
Definition and Meaning: Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining
The expression “every cloud has a silver lining” means that there is always a positive side to every negative situation.
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining Example Sentences:
- Even though I lost my job, I’m still optimistic because every cloud has a silver lining and I’m sure something better is coming my way
- After the storm passed, we were able to appreciate the rainbow in the sky and remember that every cloud has a silver lining
- Even though I failed my exam, I’m still hopeful that every cloud has a silver lining and I’ll be able to make up for it in the future
- After the divorce, my friend was able to find a new sense of freedom and remember that every cloud has a silver lining
- Even though I had to move away from my hometown, I’m still grateful for the new opportunities that I have and remember that every cloud has a silver lining
8. Hidden Gem
Definition and Meaning: Hidden Gem
A hidden gem is a term used to describe something that is not well known but is nonetheless excellent.
Hidden Gem Example Sentences:
- The small cafe in the back alley of the city is a hidden gem, serving up some of the best coffee in town.
- The local farmer’s market is a hidden gem, offering fresh produce and unique handmade items.
- The small bookstore tucked away in the corner of the mall is a hidden gem, with a wide selection of rare and hard-to-find books.
- The secluded beach on the other side of the island is a hidden gem, with crystal clear waters and white sand.
- The tiny art gallery in the old warehouse district is a hidden gem, showcasing some of the most talented local artists.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Top Idioms For Overconfidence|
|Common Idioms For Awesome|
|Common Idioms For Wrong Decision|
|Everyday Idioms For Giving Advice|
|Best Idioms For All The Best|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!