9 Helpful Idioms For Beautiful Places
English Idioms for Beautiful Places, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms are hard to take in and absorb, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Beautiful Places, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners content with comprehending the true meaning and fitting usage. This idioms list of Beautiful Places makes learning easy, with common Beautiful Places idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Beautiful Places together.
Idioms for Beautiful Places with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Diamond In The Rough
Definition and Meaning: A Diamond In The Rough
The expression “a diamond in the rough” is used to describe someone or something that has potential but is not yet fully developed or polished.
A Diamond In The Rough Example Sentences:
- My little brother may be a bit of a troublemaker, but he’s a diamond in the rough and I know he’ll grow up to be a great person.
- I found this old painting at a flea market and it turned out to be a real diamond in the rough – it’s worth a fortune!
- My new assistant is a bit clumsy and inexperienced, but I can tell she’s a diamond in the rough and will be a great asset to the team.
- My son was a bit of a wild child in high school, but he’s a diamond in the rough and is now a successful doctor.
- This old house looks a bit run down, but I can tell it’s a diamond in the rough and will be beautiful once it’s been renovated.
2. A Breath Of Fresh Air
Definition and Meaning: A Breath Of Fresh Air
The expression “a breath of fresh air” is used to describe something that is new and different.
A Breath Of Fresh Air Example Sentences:
- After months of being cooped up inside, going outside for a walk was a breath of fresh air.
- After the long, stressful meeting, the boss’s joke was a breath of fresh air.
- After months of studying for exams, the weekend was a breath of fresh air.
- After a long day of work, the cool breeze was a breath of fresh air.
- After a long argument, the peace and quiet were a breath of fresh air.
3. Hidden Gem
Definition and Meaning: Hidden Gem
A hidden gem is a term used to describe something that is not well known but is nonetheless excellent.
Hidden Gem Example Sentences:
- The small cafe in the back alley of the city is a hidden gem, serving up some of the best coffee in town.
- The local farmer’s market is a hidden gem, offering fresh produce and unique handmade items.
- The small bookstore tucked away in the corner of the mall is a hidden gem, with a wide selection of rare and hard-to-find books.
- The secluded beach on the other side of the island is a hidden gem, with crystal clear waters and white sand.
- The tiny art gallery in the old warehouse district is a hidden gem, showcasing some of the most talented local artists.
4. A Sight For Sore Eyes
Definition and Meaning: A Sight For Sore Eyes
The expression “a sight for sore eyes” is used to describe something that is visually pleasing, typically after a period of hardship.
A Sight For Sore Eyes Example Sentences:
- When my best friend returned from her long trip, it was a sight for sore eyes.
- After months of being cooped up inside, seeing the sun was a sight for sore eyes.
- After a long day of work, coming home to my family was a sight for sore eyes.
- After a long week of studying, seeing my friends was a sight for sore eyes.
- After a long day of running errands, seeing my bed was a sight for sore eyes.
Definition and Meaning: Picture-Perfect
The expression “picture-perfect” is used to describe something that is exactly as it should be, or that looks exactly like it does in a photograph.
Picture-Perfect Example Sentences:
- The bride and groom looked picture-perfect on their wedding day.
- The garden was picture-perfect with its lush green grass and colorful flowers.
- The sunset was picture-perfect with its vibrant oranges and pinks.
- The beach was picture-perfect with its white sand and crystal blue water.
- The family portrait was picture-perfect with everyone smiling and looking their best.
Definition and Meaning: Postcard-Worthy
The expression “postcard-worthy” is used to describe something that is so beautiful or special that it could be used on a postcard.
Postcard-Worthy Example Sentences:
- The view of the Grand Canyon was postcard-worthy.
- The sun setting over the beach was postcard-worthy.
- The snow-capped mountains were postcard-worthy.
- The colorful tulips in the garden were postcard-worthy.
- The picturesque village was postcard-worthy.
7. In The Middle Of Nowhere
Definition and Meaning: In The Middle Of Nowhere
The expression “in the middle of nowhere” is used to describe a place that is far away from any other places.
In The Middle Of Nowhere Example Sentences:
- We got lost and ended up in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone service.
- I was so bored, I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do.
- We drove for hours and ended up in the middle of nowhere with no gas station in sight.
- I was so lost, I thought I was in the middle of nowhere until I saw a sign for the next town.
- We went camping and ended up in the middle of nowhere with no other people around.
8. A Slice Of Heaven
Definition and Meaning: A Slice Of Heaven
The expression “a slice of heaven” is often used to describe a place or experience that is incredibly beautiful or enjoyable.
A Slice Of Heaven Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I can’t wait to get home and relax in my backyard – it’s like a slice of heaven.
- After tasting the delicious cake, I knew I had found a slice of heaven.
- The beach was so beautiful and peaceful – it was like a slice of heaven.
- After a long hike, I finally reached the top of the mountain and the view was like a slice of heaven.
- Spending time with my family is like a slice of heaven.
9. A Piece Of Heaven On Earth
Definition and Meaning: A Piece Of Heaven On Earth
The phrase “a piece of heaven on Earth” is an idiom that means a place that is very beautiful and peaceful.
A Piece Of Heaven On Earth Example Sentences:
- The beach in Hawaii is a piece of heaven on Earth with its crystal clear waters and white sand.
- The Swiss Alps are a piece of heaven on Earth with their majestic snow-capped peaks and lush green valleys.
- The Grand Canyon is a piece of heaven on Earth with its breathtaking views and stunning sunsets.
- The Amazon rainforest is a piece of heaven on Earth with its lush vegetation and diverse wildlife.
- The Great Barrier Reef is a piece of heaven on Earth with its vibrant coral reefs and colorful fish.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Top Idioms For Adventure|
|Helpful Idioms For Beach|
|Useful Idioms For Clothes|
|Helpful Idioms For A Bad Situation|
|Best Idioms For Beautiful Eyes|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.