9 Useful Idioms For Beauty
English Idioms for Beauty, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Language Students, idioms for Beauty are difficult to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Beauty, English students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners confront comprehending the true meaning and fitting usage. This idioms list of Beauty makes learning effortless, with common Beauty idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Beauty together.
Idioms for Beauty with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
Definition and Meaning: Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
The phrase “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” means that beauty is subjective and that different people have different opinions on what is beautiful.
Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder Example Sentences:
- My friend thinks that the Mona Lisa is the most beautiful painting in the world, but I think it’s just okay Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
- My mom thinks my new haircut looks terrible, but I think it looks great Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
- My brother thinks that my old car is a classic, but I think it’s an eyesore Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
- My sister thinks that my new dress is hideous, but I think it’s gorgeous Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
- My dad thinks that my new tattoo is a mistake, but I think it’s beautiful Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
2. Skin Deep
Definition and Meaning: Skin Deep
The expression “skin deep” is often used to describe something that is not really important or significant.
Skin Deep Example Sentences:
- Don’t be fooled by his charming exterior – his kindness is only skin deep.
- She thought she had found true love, but it was only skin deep.
- His knowledge of the subject was only skin deep.
- His interest in her was only skin deep.
- His commitment to the cause was only skin deep..
3. Pretty As A Picture
Definition and Meaning: Pretty As A Picture
The expression “pretty as a picture” means that the person or thing is very beautiful.
Pretty As A Picture Example Sentences:
- She looked pretty as a picture in her new dress.
- The garden was pretty as a picture with all the colorful flowers.
- The sunset was pretty as a picture with the orange and pink hues.
- The bride and groom looked pretty as a picture on their wedding day.
- The baby was pretty as a picture in her little dress.
4. She’s A Real Beauty
Definition and Meaning: She’s A Real Beauty
The expression “She’s a real beauty” is used to describe someone who is physically attractive.
She’s A Real Beauty Example Sentences:
- Look at her, she’s a real beauty! She’s so gorgeous.
- That dress she’s wearing is stunning She’s a real beauty.
- She’s a real beauty inside and out She’s so kind and generous.
- He’s so lucky to have her She’s a real beauty.
- She’s a real beauty, no matter what she wears She looks amazing in anything.
5. He’s A Good-Looking Man
Definition and Meaning: He’s A Good-Looking Man
The expression “He’s a good-looking man” means that the man is physically attractive.
He’s A Good-Looking Man Example Sentences:
- He’s a good-looking man, but his personality is even better.
- I can’t believe he’s single, he’s a good-looking man!
- He’s a good-looking man, but he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- He’s a good-looking man, but he’s not the most interesting person to talk to.
- He’s a good-looking man, but he’s not the most successful in his field.
6. She’s A Very Attractive Woman
Definition and Meaning: She’s A Very Attractive Woman
The expression “She’s a very attractive woman” means that she is a woman who is very pretty or sexually appealing.
She’s A Very Attractive Woman Example Sentences:
- She’s a very attractive woman, and she knows it too.
- She’s a very attractive woman, and she has a lot of admirers.
- She’s a very attractive woman, and she always turns heads when she walks into a room.
- She’s a very attractive woman, and she always looks her best.
- She’s a very attractive woman, and she has a great sense of style.
7. Easy On The Eyes
Definition and Meaning: Easy On The Eyes
The expression “easy on the eyes” is used to describe something that is visually appealing.
Easy On The Eyes Example Sentences:
- She had a beautiful face that was easy on the eyes.
- His new car was sleek and modern, easy on the eyes.
- The landscape was lush and green, easy on the eyes.
- The new website design was simple and clean, easy on the eyes.
- The painting was vibrant and colorful, easy on the eyes.
8. She’s A Real Head-Turner
Definition and Meaning: She’s A Real Head-Turner
This expression means that she is a very attractive woman.
She’s A Real Head-Turner Example Sentences:
- That girl is gorgeous! She’s a real head-turner.
- She’s got a great sense of style – she’s a real head-turner.
- She’s got a great personality – she’s a real head-turner.
Definition and Meaning: Heartbreaker
A heartbreaker is a person who breaks hearts, or who causes others to feel disappointed or sad.
Heartbreaker Example Sentences:
- She was a real heartbreaker, leaving a trail of broken hearts behind her.
- His good looks and charm made him a heartbreaker.
- She was a heartbreaker, but I couldn’t help but fall for her.
- His heartbreaker of a smile made me weak in the knees.
- He was a heartbreaker, but I was determined not to let him break my heart.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and meanings?
|Best Idioms For Flirting|
|Useful Idioms For Bad Ideas|
|Helpful Idioms For A Crowded Place|
|Useful Idioms For Hurt|
|Everyday Idioms For Quiet|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.