English Idioms for Being Different, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Language Students, idioms are difficult to learn, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This idioms list of Being Different makes learning painless, with common Being Different idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Being Different together.
Idioms for Being Different with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Don’t Be Afraid To Stand Out From The Crowd
Definition and Meaning: Don’t Be Afraid To Stand Out From The Crowd
The expression means that you should not be afraid to be different from other people.
Don’t Be Afraid To Stand Out From The Crowd Example Sentences:
- Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd and express your opinion in class, even if it’s different from everyone else’s
- Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd and wear something unique to the party, even if it’s not what everyone else is wearing
- Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd and take a risk with your business idea, even if it’s not the same as everyone else’s
- Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd and pursue a career path that’s different from what your friends are doing
- Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd and try something new, even if it’s not what everyone else is doing
2. Don’t Be A Follower—Be A Leader!
Definition and Meaning: Don’t Be A Follower—Be A Leader!
The expression means that you should not copy what others do, but instead you should be the one who others copy.
Don’t Be A Follower—Be A Leader! Example Sentences:
- Instead of following the crowd, take the initiative and come up with your own ideas Don’t be a follower ~ be a leader!
- Don’t be afraid to stand out from the pack and take risks Don’t be a follower ~ be a leader!
- Don’t be afraid to speak up and share your opinion Don’t be a follower ~ be a leader!
- Don’t be afraid to take the lead and make decisions Don’t be a follower ~ be a leader!
- Don’t be afraid to take the initiative and try something new Don’t be a follower ~ be a leader!
3. Be Yourself
Definition and Meaning: Be Yourself
Be yourself” is an expression that means to act and behave in a way that is true to your own personality and values, rather than trying to imitate or copy someone else.
Be Yourself Example Sentences:
- Don’t worry about what other people think, just be yourself and you’ll be fine
- Don’t try to be someone you’re not, just be yourself and you’ll be happier
- Don’t let anyone pressure you into changing who you are, just be yourself and be proud of it
- Don’t be afraid to show your true colors, just be yourself and you’ll be accepted
- Don’t try to fit in with the crowd, just be yourself and you’ll stand out in a good way
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Everyday Idioms For Achieving Success|
|Everyday Idioms For Rare|
|Common Idioms For Being Broke|
|Helpful Idioms For A Crowded Place|
|Top Idioms For Achieving Goals|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!