7 Important Idioms For Being Rich
English Idioms for Being Rich, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students, idioms are frustrating to comprehend, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners confront comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This idioms list of Being Rich makes learning painless, with common Being Rich idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Being Rich together.
Idioms for Being Rich with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. As Rich As Croesus
Definition and Meaning: As Rich As Croesus
The expression “as rich as Croesus” is used to describe someone who is extremely wealthy.
As Rich As Croesus Example Sentences:
- His wealth was so vast that people said he was as rich as Croesus
- She was as rich as Croesus, but she still wanted more money
- His inheritance was so large that it made him as rich as Croesus
- His business success made him as rich as Croesus
- She was born into a wealthy family and was as rich as Croesus
2. Rolling In Dough
Definition and Meaning: Rolling In Dough
The expression “rolling in dough” is used to describe someone who is very wealthy.
Rolling In Dough Example Sentences:
- After winning the lottery, John was rolling in dough
- After years of hard work, the company was finally rolling in dough
- After the successful IPO, the tech startup was rolling in dough
- After inheriting his uncle’s fortune, he was rolling in dough
- After signing a lucrative contract, the athlete was rolling in dough
3. Swimming In
Definition and Meaning: Swimming In
The expression “swimming in” is often used to describe a situation where someone has a lot of something.
Swimming In Example Sentences:
- She was swimming in money after winning the lottery
- He was swimming in debt after his business failed
- She was swimming in compliments after her performance
- He was swimming in work after taking on a new project
- They were swimming in joy after their wedding
4. Money To Burn
Definition and Meaning: Money To Burn
The expression “money to burn” is often used to describe someone who has a lot of money and is not afraid to spend it.
Money To Burn Example Sentences:
- My uncle has so much money to burn that he’s always looking for new ways to spend it
- My friend’s parents are so wealthy they have money to burn, so they don’t worry about the cost of anything
- My boss has money to burn, so he’s always taking us out for expensive dinners
- My sister’s new boyfriend has money to burn, so she’s always going on fancy vacations with him
- My neighbor just won the lottery and now he has money to burn, so he’s buying all sorts of luxury items
5. A Pot Of Gold At The End Of The Rainbow
Definition and Meaning: A Pot Of Gold At The End Of The Rainbow
The expression “a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow” is a metaphor for something that is unattainable or impossible to obtain.
A Pot Of Gold At The End Of The Rainbow Example Sentences:
- After years of hard work, she finally found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when she was promoted to CEO
- After a long and difficult journey, the adventurers were rewarded with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
- The lottery winner was ecstatic to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when they won the jackpot
- After a long search, the treasure hunters were delighted to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
- After a successful business venture, the entrepreneur was rewarded with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
6. The Midas Touch
Definition and Meaning: The Midas Touch
The Midas touch is an expression that refers to a person who is able to turn everything they touch into gold.
The Midas Touch Example Sentences:
- His investments have been so successful that it’s like he has the Midas touch
- She has the Midas touch when it comes to interior design; every room she decorates turns out amazing
- His business has been booming since he took over, it’s like he has the Midas touch
- She has the Midas touch when it comes to baking; every cake she makes is delicious
- His new project has been a huge success, it’s like he has the Midas touch
7. Born With A Silver Spoon In One’s Mouth
Definition and Meaning: Born With A Silver Spoon In One’s Mouth
The expression “born with a silver spoon in one’s mouth” is used to describe someone who was born into a wealthy family.
Born With A Silver Spoon In One’s Mouth Example Sentences:
- She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, so she never had to worry about money
- His parents were wealthy, so he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth
- His family was well-off, so he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth
- She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, so she was able to attend the best schools
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Useful Idioms For Nature|
|Common Idioms For Having A Bad Day|
|Common Idioms For Bad|
|Best Idioms For Beautiful Eyes|
|Useful Idioms For Bored|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it's important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she's not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.
Improve your English Faster with Lilly!
An Artificial Intelligent Tutor!
How long will it take you to improve your English?
Design, write and practice your own phrases or learn 3,500+ premade English phrases with Lilly!