7 Important Idioms For Best
For ESL Students idioms are difficult to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Best, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This list of idioms for Best makes learning simple, with common Best idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Best together.
Idioms for Best with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Best Of Luck
Definition and Meaning: Best Of Luck
The expression “best of luck” is used to wish someone good luck.
Best Of Luck Example Sentences:
- Good luck on your job interview tomorrow, I’m sure you’ll do great. Best of luck!
- I’m rooting for you in the race tomorrow. Best of luck!
- I know you’ll ace your final exam. Best of luck!
- I’m sure you’ll get the promotion you’ve been working so hard for. Best of luck!
- I know you’ll do great on your presentation. Best of luck!
2. All The Best
Definition and Meaning: All The Best
The expression “all the best” is a way of saying goodbye and wishing someone success.
All The Best Example Sentences:
- Good luck on your exam tomorrow, all the best!
- I’m rooting for you in the competition, all the best!
- I hope you get the job you applied for, all the best!
- I’m sure you’ll do great on your presentation, all the best!
- I wish you the best of luck in your new venture, all the best!
3. Best Wishes
Definition and Meaning: Best Wishes
The expression “best wishes” is used to express good luck or congratulations.
Best Wishes Example Sentences:
- Best wishes for a successful job interview!
- Best wishes for a happy and healthy retirement!
- Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable vacation!
- Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
- Best wishes for a prosperous and successful new year!
4. Rooting For You
Definition and Meaning: Rooting For You
Rooting for you” is an expression of support.
Rooting For You Example Sentences:
- I’m rooting for you to ace your final exam!
- We’re all rooting for you to get that promotion
- I know you can do it – I’m rooting for you!
- I’m sure you’ll get the job – I’m rooting for you!
- We’re all behind you – we’re rooting for you!
5. Got This
Definition and Meaning: Got This
The expression “got this” is often used to indicate that the speaker is confident in their ability to handle a situation.
Got This Example Sentences:
- I’m not sure how to fix this problem, but I got this!
- I know the deadline is tight, but I got this!
- I’m not sure what to do next, but I got this!
- I’m not sure how to approach this situation, but I got this!
- I’m not sure how to solve this issue, but I got this!
6. Break A Leg
Definition and Meaning: Break A Leg
The expression “break a leg” is a good luck charm that is said to performers before they go on stage.
Break A Leg Example Sentences:
- Good luck on your audition tomorrow! Break a leg!
- I’m so excited for your big presentation today Break a leg!
- I know you’ll do great on your final exam Break a leg!
- I’m sure you’ll ace your driving test Break a leg!
- I’m rooting for you in the race Break a leg!
7. Fingers Crossed
Definition and Meaning: Fingers Crossed
The expression “fingers crossed” is used to express the hope that something will happen.
Fingers Crossed Example Sentences:
- I’m hoping to get the job, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed
- I’m sending in my application today, so fingers crossed I get accepted
- I’m taking my driving test tomorrow, so fingers crossed I pass
- I’m waiting to hear back from the college, so fingers crossed they accept me
- I’m hoping to get a good grade on my exam, so fingers crossed it goes well
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For Cool|
|Everyday Idioms For A Lot|
|Everyday Idioms For Appreciation|
|Helpful Idioms For Annoyance|
|Top Idioms For Achieving Goals|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.