English Idioms for Better, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students idioms for Better are frustrating to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Better, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This list of idioms for Better makes learning simple, with common Better idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Better together.
Idioms for Better with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Room For Improvement
Definition and Meaning: Room For Improvement
The expression “room for improvement” means that there is still room to grow or improve in a certain area.
Room For Improvement Example Sentences:
- This project has a lot of room for improvement, so let’s brainstorm some ideas to make it better.
- I’m not satisfied with my performance on this test, so there’s definitely room for improvement.
- This website design could use some work; there’s definitely room for improvement.
- This report is good, but there’s still room for improvement if we want to make it great.
- This recipe is okay, but there’s still room for improvement if we want to make it really delicious.
2. You Can’t Put A Price On
Definition and Meaning: You Can’t Put A Price On
This expression means that some things are more valuable than money.
You Can’t Put A Price On Example Sentences:
- You can’t put a price on the memories of a loved one.
- You can’t put a price on the joy of spending time with family.
- You can’t put a price on the feeling of accomplishment after completing a difficult task.
- You can’t put a price on the satisfaction of helping someone in need.
- You can’t put a price on the peace of mind that comes with a good night’s sleep.
3. An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of Cure
Definition and Meaning: An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of Cure
The expression means that it is better to take steps to prevent something from happening than to wait until it happens and then try to fix it.
An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of Cure Example Sentences:
- It’s important to get regular check-ups at the doctor to ensure your health; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- Before going on a long road trip, it’s wise to check your car’s oil and tire pressure; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- To avoid getting sick, it’s important to wash your hands regularly; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- To avoid a financial crisis, it’s important to save money and plan for the future; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- To avoid a plumbing disaster, it’s important to check your pipes regularly; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
4. Don’t Put All Your Eggs In One Basket
Definition and Meaning: Don’t Put All Your Eggs In One Basket
This expression is often used to caution against putting all of one’s resources into a single venture.
Don’t Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Example Sentences:
- When investing, it’s important to diversify your portfolio so you don’t put all your eggs in one basket
- When it comes to job hunting, don’t put all your eggs in one basket Apply to multiple companies to increase your chances of getting hired.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to finding a new place to live Look at multiple options before making a decision.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to finding a new car Shop around and compare prices to get the best deal.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to finding a new business partner Meet with multiple potential partners before making a decision.
5. Better Late Than Never
Definition and Meaning: Better Late Than Never
The expression “better late than never” means that it is better to do something late than to never do it at all.
Better Late Than Never Example Sentences:
- I finally finished my project, better late than never!
- I’m sorry I’m late to the party, better late than never!
- I’m sorry I didn’t call you back sooner, better late than never!
- I’m sorry I didn’t get you a birthday present, better late than never!
- I’m sorry I didn’t get around to doing that task, better late than never!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Common Idioms For Wrong Decision|
|Useful Idioms For Loved Ones|
|Everyday Idioms For Drinking|
|Useful Idioms For Beautiful Nature|
|Helpful Idioms For Beach|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!