English Idioms for Body Parts, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students idioms are difficult to comprehend, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This idioms list of Body Parts makes learning easygoing, with common Body Parts idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Body Parts together.
Idioms for Body Parts with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Head Over Heels
Definition and Meaning: Head Over Heels
The expression “head over heels” is used to describe someone who is very much in love or very excited about something.
Head Over Heels Example Sentences:
- When I saw my crush at the party, I was head over heels in love
- After winning the lottery, he was head over heels with joy
- She was head over heels in debt after her shopping spree
- I was head over heels in admiration for his bravery
- He was head over heels in excitement when he heard the news
2. Butterflies In My Stomach
Definition and Meaning: Butterflies In My Stomach
The phrase “butterflies in my stomach” is used to describe the feeling of nervousness or excitement.
Butterflies In My Stomach Example Sentences:
- I was so nervous before my first date that I had butterflies in my stomach
- I was so excited to give my presentation that I had butterflies in my stomach
- I was so anxious to hear the results of my job interview that I had butterflies in my stomach
- I was so nervous to ask my crush out that I had butterflies in my stomach
- I was so scared to go on stage for my first performance that I had butterflies in my stomach
3. Spit Nails
Definition and Meaning: Spit Nails
The phrase “spit nails” is used to describe someone who is extremely angry.
Spit Nails Example Sentences:
- When I heard the news, I was so angry I could have spit nails
- His reaction was so intense that I thought he was going to spit nails
4. I Can Barely Keep My Eyes Open
Definition and Meaning: I Can Barely Keep My Eyes Open
The expression “I can barely keep my eyes open” means that the person is very tired and is having difficulty staying awake.
I Can Barely Keep My Eyes Open Example Sentences:
- After working a double shift, I can barely keep my eyes open
- After a long day of studying, I can barely keep my eyes open
- After a long flight, I can barely keep my eyes open
- After a late night out, I can barely keep my eyes open
- After a long day of work, I can barely keep my eyes open
5. I’m Stuffed
Definition and Meaning: I’m Stuffed
The expression “I’m stuffed” is used to describe how full or bloated someone feels after eating a lot of food.
I’m Stuffed Example Sentences:
- After eating that huge Thanksgiving dinner, I’m stuffed!
- I’m stuffed after eating all those snacks
- I’m stuffed after eating that huge burrito
- I’m stuffed after eating that entire pizza
- I’m stuffed after eating that entire plate of nachos
6. Sick And Tired
Definition and Meaning: Sick And Tired
The expression “sick and tired” is used to describe how someone feels when they are exhausted and no longer want to do something.
Sick And Tired Example Sentences:
- I’m sick and tired of doing the same thing every day
- I’m sick and tired of hearing the same excuses
- I’m sick and tired of being taken advantage of
- I’m sick and tired of being ignored
- I’m sick and tired of being treated like a doormat
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Top Idioms For Head|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!