10 Everyday Idioms For Boyfriend
English Idioms for Boyfriend, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English, idioms are hard to understand, the reason being; Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Boyfriend, students studying English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of Boyfriend makes learning trouble-free, with common Boyfriend idioms, definitions, and example sentences that clarify the meaning.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Boyfriend together.
Idioms for Boyfriend with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Better Half
Definition and Meaning: Better Half
The expression “better half” is often used to refer to one’s spouse or significant other.
Better Half Example Sentences:
- My better half has been my rock throughout this difficult time
- I’m so lucky to have found my better half
- I’m so grateful for my better half’s unwavering support
- I’m so blessed to have my better half by my side
- I couldn’t have gotten through this without my better half
2. The Apple Of My Eye
Definition and Meaning: The Apple Of My Eye
The apple of my eye is a phrase that means someone or something that is cherished above all others.
The Apple Of My Eye Example Sentences:
- My daughter is the apple of my eye; I love her more than anything
- My grandmother is the apple of my eye; I cherish every moment I spend with her
- My best friend is the apple of my eye; I would do anything for her
- My pet dog is the apple of my eye; I can’t imagine life without him
- My partner is the apple of my eye; I’m so lucky to have them in my life
3. The Light Of My Life
Definition and Meaning: The Light Of My Life
The expression “the light of my life” is often used to describe someone who is very important to the speaker, and who brings happiness and joy into their life.
The Light Of My Life Example Sentences:
- My daughter is the light of my life and I’m so proud of her
- My wife is the light of my life and I’m so lucky to have her
- My son is the light of my life and I’m so blessed to have him
- My parents are the light of my life and I’m so thankful for them
- My best friend is the light of my life and I’m so grateful for her
4. My Rock
Definition and Meaning: My Rock
The phrase “my rock” is used to describe someone who is a source of strength and support during difficult times.
My Rock Example Sentences:
- My rock has been my family throughout this difficult time
- I’m so thankful to have my rock to lean on when things get tough
- My rock is my best friend who always has my back
- I’m so blessed to have my rock to turn to when I need support
- My rock is my faith in God that keeps me going no matter what
5. My Everything
Definition and Meaning: My Everything
The phrase “my everything” is a way of saying that the person is the most important thing in the speaker’s life.
My Everything Example Sentences:
- My wife is my everything; she’s my rock and my best friend
- My children are my everything; I would do anything for them
- My faith is my everything; it’s what guides me through life
- My job is my everything; it’s my passion and my purpose
- My health is my everything; I strive to take care of myself every day
6. He’s My World
Definition and Meaning: He’s My World
The expression “He’s my world” means that the speaker loves the person very much and they are very important to them.
He’s My World Example Sentences:
- Whenever I’m feeling down, my husband is always there to remind me that he’s my world
- My best friend is always there for me, and I know that he’s my world
- My partner is the most important person in my life, and he’s my world
7. The One For Me
Definition and Meaning: The One For Me
The expression “the one for me” is often used to describe someone who is the perfect match for the speaker.
The One For Me Example Sentences:
- After searching for the perfect job for months, I finally found the one for me
- I knew the moment I saw her that she was the one for me
- I’ve tried many different hobbies, but I think painting is the one for me
- After trying out several different cars, I found the one for me
- I’ve been looking for a new apartment for weeks, and I think I’ve finally found the one for me
8. Prince Charming
Definition and Meaning: Prince Charming
The expression “prince charming” is often used to describe a handsome, charming, and wealthy man who is perfect for a woman.
Prince Charming Example Sentences:
- She had been searching for her prince charming for years, but he never showed up
- She was so excited when she finally met her prince charming at the ball
- She thought he was her prince charming, but it turned out he was just a frog in disguise
- She was sure that her prince charming was out there somewhere, she just had to find him
- She was convinced that her prince charming would come and sweep her off her feet one day
9. Knight In Shining Armour
Definition and Meaning: Knight In Shining Armour
The expression “knight in shining armour” is used to describe a man who is brave and noble, and who is always ready to help those in need.
Knight In Shining Armour Example Sentences:
- When she was feeling down, her knight in shining armour came to her rescue and made her feel better
- After being stuck in the elevator for hours, the fireman arrived as her knight in shining armour and saved her
- When she was about to give up, her knight in shining armour showed up and gave her the motivation she needed
- After being taken advantage of, her knight in shining armour stepped in and defended her
- When she was feeling lost, her knight in shining armour showed up and guided her in the right direction
10. The Love Of My Life
Definition and Meaning: The Love Of My Life
The expression “the love of my life” is often used to describe a person’s soulmate or the person they are most deeply in love with.
The Love Of My Life Example Sentences:
- I knew the moment I saw her that she was the love of my life
- I’m so lucky to have found the love of my life
- I can’t imagine my life without the love of my life
- I’m so grateful for the love of my life
- I’m so blessed to have the love of my life in my life
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Useful Idioms For Couples|
|Useful Idioms For Girlfriend|
|Best Idioms For Relationships|
|Everyday Idioms For Married Couples|
|Best Idioms For Loving Someone|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Li
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Bethany MacDonald has contributed articles LillyPad.ai since 2020. As their Blog Lead, she specialises in informative pieces on culture, education, and language learning