9 Common Idioms For Celebration
English Idioms for Celebration, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students, idioms are difficult to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Celebration, English students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners face in comprehending the true meaning and appropriate usage. This list of idioms for Celebration makes learning easygoing, with common Celebration idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Celebration together.
Idioms for Celebration with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Let The Good Times Roll
Definition and Meaning: Let The Good Times Roll
The expression “let the good times roll” is often used to describe a situation where people are enjoying themselves and having a good time.
Let The Good Times Roll Example Sentences:
- It’s Friday night, let the good times roll!
- We just got the promotion, let the good times roll!
- We’re on vacation, let the good times roll!
- It’s the weekend, let the good times roll!
- We just won the game, let the good times roll!
2. The Expression
Definition and Meaning: The Expression
The expression is a mathematical statement that says that the quantity on the left is equal to the quantity on the right.
The Expression Example Sentences:
- The expression ‘a penny for your thoughts’ is often used to ask someone what they are thinking about
- The expression ‘a stitch in time saves nine’ is a reminder to take care of small problems before they become bigger ones
- The expression ‘the best of both worlds’ is used to describe a situation where you can have the advantages of two different things at the same time
- The expression ‘the early bird catches the worm’ is used to encourage people to get up early and take advantage of opportunities
- The expression ‘the grass is always greener on the other side’ is used to describe the tendency to think that other people have it better than you do
3. In The Home Stretch
Definition and Meaning: In The Home Stretch
The expression “in the home stretch” is used to describe the final part of a journey or a race.
In The Home Stretch Example Sentences:
- We’re in the home stretch of the marathon, and I’m feeling confident that I can finish strong
- We’ve been working on this project for months, but we’re finally in the home stretch
- We’ve been studying for weeks, but we’re in the home stretch of our final exams
- We’ve been saving for years, and we’re finally in the home stretch of our goal to buy a house
- We’ve been planning this event for months, and we’re in the home stretch of getting everything ready
4. This Calls For
Definition and Meaning: This Calls For
This expression is often used to describe a situation that requires a particular action to be taken.
This Calls For Example Sentences:
- This calls for a celebration – let’s have a party!
- This calls for drastic measures – we need to take immediate action
- This calls for a change of plans – let’s come up with something different
- This calls for a new approach – let’s try something different
- This calls for a different solution – let’s brainstorm some ideas
5. Party Time
Definition and Meaning: Party Time
Party time” is an expression that is used to describe a time when people are having fun and enjoying themselves.
Party Time Example Sentences:
- It’s party time! Let’s get this celebration started!
- It’s Friday night, so it’s definitely party time!
- We just got the good news, so it’s party time!
- It’s the end of the semester, so it’s party time!
- We just finished the project, so it’s party time!
6. Time To
Definition and Meaning: Time To
Time to” is an expression that means it is time for something.
Time To Example Sentences:
- Time to hit the hay – it’s been a long day
- Time to get the party started – let’s turn up the music!
- Time to face the music – I need to apologize for my mistake
- Time to take a break – I need to recharge my batteries
- Time to get down to business – let’s start discussing the project
7. All Downhill
Definition and Meaning: All Downhill
The expression “all downhill” means that everything from that point on will be easy or better.
All Downhill Example Sentences:
- After the team won the championship, it was all downhill from there
- After the company’s stock plummeted, it was all downhill from there
- After the couple’s wedding, their relationship was all downhill
- After the student got a bad grade on the test, his grades were all downhill
- After the athlete suffered an injury, his performance was all downhill
8. We’ve Hit The Jackpot!
Definition and Meaning: We’ve Hit The Jackpot!
The expression “We’ve hit the jackpot!” means that we have been very lucky and have found something valuable.
We’ve Hit The Jackpot! Example Sentences:
- We just won the lottery! We’ve hit the jackpot!
- We just got a huge contract from a major client! We’ve hit the jackpot!
- We just found a great deal on a new car! We’ve hit the jackpot!
- We just got a huge tax refund! We’ve hit the jackpot!
- We just got a job offer with a huge salary! We’ve hit the jackpot!
9. This Is The Life!
Definition and Meaning: This Is The Life!
The expression “This is the life!” is used to describe someone’s current situation as being enjoyable and carefree.
This Is The Life! Example Sentences:
- After winning the lottery, I said to myself, “This is the life!
- After a long day of work, I’m finally relaxing on the beach with a cold drink in my hand This is the life!
- After getting a promotion at work, I exclaimed, “This is the life!
- After a successful shopping spree, I said to my friend, “This is the life!
- After a weekend of fun activities with my family, I thought to myself, “This is the life!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and meanings?
|Everyday Idioms For Birthday|
|Top Idioms For Birthday Wishes|
|Top Idioms For Birthdays|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.