English Idioms for Clumsy, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms are difficult to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Clumsy, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This idioms list of Clumsy makes learning straightforward, with common Clumsy idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Clumsy together.
Idioms for Clumsy with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. As Clumsy As A Bull In A China Shop
Definition and Meaning: As Clumsy As A Bull In A China Shop
This expression is used to describe someone who is very clumsy and is likely to break things.
As Clumsy As A Bull In A China Shop Example Sentences:
- When he tried to help in the kitchen, he was as clumsy as a bull in a china shop.
- She was as clumsy as a bull in a china shop when she tried to put together the furniture.
- His attempts to fix the computer were as clumsy as a bull in a china shop.
- His attempts to play the piano were as clumsy as a bull in a china shop.
- His attempts to paint the walls were as clumsy as a bull in a china shop.
2. Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn
The expression “hit the broad side of a barn” is used to describe someone who is very inaccurate or who has made a very poor shot.
Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn Example Sentences:
- She was so angry that she threw the ball so hard it hit the broad side of a barn.
- He was so desperate to get the job done that he worked around the clock and hit the broad side of a barn.
- She was so determined to get the job done that she worked non-stop and hit the broad side of a barn.
- He was so focused on his goal that he worked tirelessly and hit the broad side of a barn.
- She was so motivated to succeed that she worked day and night and hit the broad side of a barn.
3. All Thumbs
Definition and Meaning: All Thumbs
The expression “all thumbs” is used to describe someone who is clumsy or awkward.
All Thumbs Example Sentences:
- My brother is all thumbs when it comes to fixing things around the house.
- I’m all thumbs when it comes to using a sewing machine.
- My friend is all thumbs when it comes to playing video games.
- My dad is all thumbs when it comes to using a computer.
- My sister is all thumbs when it comes to assembling furniture.
4. To Have/Get Butterfingers
Definition and Meaning: To Have/Get Butterfingers
The expression “to have/get butterfingers” is used to describe someone who is clumsy or who drops things often.
To Have/Get Butterfingers Example Sentences:
- Betsy’s got butterfingers. She dropped the vase on the floor!
- He’s always dropping his phone; he’s got butterfingers.
- She’s so clumsy, she’s always dropping things, she’s got butterfingers!
- Hennis has butterfingers. He’s always spilling his drinks, he’s got butterfingers.
- She’s always dropping her keys, she’s got butterfingers!
5. Two Left Feet
Definition and Meaning: Two Left Feet
The expression “two left feet” is often used to describe someone who is clumsy or awkward.
Two Left Feet Example Sentences:
- She was so clumsy on the dance floor, it was like she had two left feet.
- He was so bad at dancing that he joked he had two left feet.
- She was so uncoordinated that she felt like she had two left feet.
- He was so awkward when he tried to dance that it was like he had two left feet.
- She was so bad at dancing that it was like she had two left feet.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Top Idioms For Hard|
|Helpful Idioms For A Crowded Place|
|Everyday Idioms For Confused|
|Important Idioms For Books|
|Useful Idioms For Loved Ones|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!