5 Top Idioms For Cold
For people learning English idioms are difficult to learn, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Cold, learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners content with comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Cold makes learning trouble-free, with common Cold idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Cold together.
Idioms for Cold with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m Freezing My Butt Off!
Definition and Meaning: I’m Freezing My Butt Off!
The expression “I’m freezing my butt off!” is used to describe how cold someone is feeling.
I’m Freezing My Butt Off! Example Sentences:
- It’s so cold outside, I’m freezing my butt off!
- I can’t believe I have to work outside in this weather, I’m freezing my butt off!
- I’m so cold, I’m freezing my butt off! Can I please come inside
- I’m sitting in this air-conditioned room and I’m still freezing my butt off!
- I’m wearing a coat, scarf, and gloves, and I’m still freezing my butt off!
2. Cold As Ice
Definition and Meaning: Cold As Ice
The phrase “cold as ice” is used to describe someone who is very cold and unfeeling.
Cold As Ice Example Sentences:
- She was as cold as ice when I asked her to the dance.
- His response was cold as ice when I asked him for help.
- His heart was cold as ice when I told him the news.
- She looked at me cold as ice when I said hello.
- His words were cold as ice when I asked him for forgiveness.
3. I’m Feeling A Little Chilly
Definition and Meaning: I’m Feeling A Little Chilly
The expression “I’m feeling a little chilly” means that the person is feeling cold.
I’m Feeling A Little Chilly Example Sentences:
- I’m feeling a little chilly, can you please turn up the heat.
- I’m feeling a little chilly, do you have a sweater I can borrow.
- I’m feeling a little chilly, can you close the window.
- I’m feeling a little chilly, can I get a cup of hot tea.
- I’m feeling a little chilly, can you put on a blanket.
4. A Bit Nippy
Definition and Meaning: A Bit Nippy
The expression “a bit nippy” is used to describe something that is slightly cold.
A Bit Nippy Example Sentences:
- It’s a bit nippy outside, so make sure you bundle up before you go out.
- I’m feeling a bit nippy today, so I think I’ll make myself a hot cup of tea.
- It’s a bit nippy in here, do you mind if I turn up the heat.
- I’m feeling a bit nippy, so I think I’ll put on a sweater.
- It’s a bit nippy out there, so I think I’ll stay inside and watch a movie.
5. Cold As A Fish
Definition and Meaning: Cold As A Fish
The phrase “cold as a fish” is used to describe someone who is very cold.
Cold As A Fish Example Sentences:
- She was as cold as a fish when I asked her to the dance.
- His response was cold as a fish when I asked him for help.
- His handshake was cold as a fish when we met.
- She was cold as a fish when I asked her to go out with me.
- His attitude was cold as a fish when I asked him for a favor.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Top Idioms For Winter|
|Top Idioms For Freezing Cold|
|Everyday Idioms For Confused|
|Helpful Idioms For Environment|
|Important Idioms For Loved Ones|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.