4 Top Idioms For Colors
English Idioms for Colors, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms for Colors are frustrating to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Colors, English students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This list of idioms for Colors makes learning easygoing, with common Colors idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Colors together.
Idioms for Colors with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Blue In The Face
Definition and Meaning: Blue In The Face
The expression “blue in the face” is used to describe someone who is extremely angry or upset.
Blue In The Face Example Sentences:
- I’ve been trying to explain the situation to him until I’m blue in the face, but he still doesn’t understand.
- She’s been arguing with me until she’s blue in the face, but I’m not changing my mind.
- I’ve been telling him the same thing until I’m blue in the face, but he still won’t listen.
- I’ve been trying to get him to understand until I’m blue in the face, but he’s still not getting it.
- She’s been trying to convince me until she’s blue in the face, but I’m not budging.
2. Green With Envy
Definition and Meaning: Green With Envy
The phrase “green with envy” is used to describe someone who is feeling jealous or envious of someone else.
Green With Envy Example Sentences:
- When I saw my friend’s new car, I was green with envy.
- My sister’s success made me green with envy.
- I was green with envy when I saw my neighbor’s new house.
- My colleague’s promotion made me green with envy.
- Seeing my friend’s vacation photos made me green with envy.
3. Black And Blue
Definition and Meaning: Black And Blue
The expression “black and blue” is often used to describe bruises.
Black And Blue Example Sentences:
- After the fight, his face was black and blue.
- She was so angry that she was shaking black and blue.
- The sky was black and blue after the storm.
- The bruises on his arm were black and blue.
- The walls of the old house were black and blue with mold.
4. Black Sheep
Definition and Meaning: Black Sheep
The expression “black sheep” is used to describe someone who is different from the rest of a group.
Black Sheep Example Sentences:
- His family was embarrassed when he became the black sheep of the family after his arrest.
- She was the black sheep of the group, always doing things differently than the others.
- His parents were disappointed when he became the black sheep of the family by dropping out of college.
- He was the black sheep of the family, always getting into trouble and causing problems.
- She was the black sheep of the family, always going against the grain and doing her own thing.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|Useful Idioms For Charades|
|Everyday Idioms For A Lot|
|Top Idioms For Appearance|
|Useful Idioms For Cheap Price|
|Common Idioms For Having A Bad Day|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he's not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.
Improve your English Faster with Lilly!
An Artificial Intelligent Tutor!
How long will it take you to improve your English?
Design, write and practice your own phrases or learn 3,500+ premade English phrases with Lilly!