English Idioms for Complete, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms are hard to learn, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This idioms list of Complete makes learning trouble-free, with common Complete idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Complete together.
Idioms for Complete with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. All Or Nothing
Definition and Meaning: All Or Nothing
The expression “all or nothing” means that you either get everything you want or you get nothing.
All Or Nothing Example Sentences:
- I’m going to take the plunge and invest in this business venture – it’s all or nothing.
- I’m either going to get the job or not – it’s all or nothing.
- I’m either going to pass this exam or fail – it’s all or nothing.
- I’m either going to win the race or come in last – it’s all or nothing.
- I’m either going to get the promotion or not – it’s all or nothing.
2. All Set
Definition and Meaning: All Set
The expression “all set” means that everything is ready or prepared.
All Set Example Sentences:
- I’m all set for the party tonight – I’ve got my outfit ready and I’m just waiting for the taxi to arrive.
- I’m all set for the exam tomorrow – I’ve studied all the material and I’m feeling confident.
- I’m all set for the camping trip – I’ve packed all the supplies and I’m ready to go.
- I’m all set for the presentation – I’ve prepared my slides and I’m ready to go.
- I’m all set for the meeting – I’ve printed out all the documents and I’m ready to go.
3. All Systems Go
Definition and Meaning: All Systems Go
All systems go” means that everything is ready and that there are no problems.
All Systems Go Example Sentences:
- We’ve finished all the preparations for the launch, so it’s all systems go!
- The team is ready and the project is on track, so it’s all systems go!
- We’ve got the green light from the board, so it’s all systems go!
- We’ve got the resources and the support we need, so it’s all systems go!
- We’ve got the go-ahead from the client, so it’s all systems go!
4. Leave No Stone Unturned
Definition and Meaning: Leave No Stone Unturned
The expression “leave no stone unturned” means to do everything possible to achieve a goal.
Leave No Stone Unturned Example Sentences:
- The detective was determined to leave no stone unturned in his investigation of the crime.
- The lawyer promised to leave no stone unturned in her efforts to win the case.
- The journalist vowed to leave no stone unturned in her quest to uncover the truth.
5. Go The Whole Nine Yards
Definition and Meaning: Go The Whole Nine Yards
The expression “go the whole nine yards” means to do something all the way, to the end, or to completion.
Go The Whole Nine Yards Example Sentences:
- I’m going to go the whole nine yards and get the best ingredients for this recipe.
- I’m going to go the whole nine yards and get a new outfit for the party.
- I’m going to go the whole nine yards and get a top-of-the-line laptop for my work.
- I’m going to go the whole nine yards and get a full spa package for my birthday.
- I’m going to go the whole nine yards and get a professional photographer for our wedding.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Top Idioms For Overconfidence|
|Everyday Idioms For Sweet Memories|
|Common Idioms For Too Much Work|
|Top Idioms For Hard|
|Useful Idioms For Happy Journey|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!