English Idioms for Creative Writing, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners, idioms for Creative Writing are difficult to learn, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and appropriate usage. This idiom list of Creative Writing makes learning simple, with common Creative Writing idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Creative Writing together.
Idioms for Creative Writing with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
Definition and Meaning: A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
The expression “A stitch in time saves nine” is an idiom that means that it is better to fix a problem when it is small because it will take less time and effort than if it is allowed to become bigger.
A Stitch In Time Saves Nine Example Sentences:
- If you notice a small crack in your car’s windshield, get it fixed right away – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having trouble with a project at work, ask for help early on – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having trouble with a class, talk to your professor as soon as possible – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having trouble with a relationship, address the issue before it gets worse – a stitch in time saves nine
- If you’re having trouble with a task, take a break and come back to it later – a stitch in time saves nine
2. An Apple A Day
Definition and Meaning: An Apple A Day
The expression “an apple a day” means that eating an apple every day is a good way to stay healthy.
An Apple A Day Example Sentences:
- My grandmother always says that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, so I make sure to eat one every day
- I’m trying to stay healthy, so I’m following the old adage of an apple a day
- My mom always tells me that an apple a day is the best way to stay healthy and fit
- I’m trying to make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals I need, so I’m eating an apple a day
- I’m trying to stay healthy, so I’m following the old saying of an apple a day to keep the doctor away
3. Barking Up The Wrong Tree
Definition and Meaning: Barking Up The Wrong Tree
The expression “barking up the wrong tree” is used to describe a situation where someone is mistakenly pursuing something that will not lead to the desired result.
Barking Up The Wrong Tree Example Sentences:
- When I asked my boss for a raise, I was barking up the wrong tree
- I thought I could get a job in the finance industry, but I was barking up the wrong tree
- I thought I could get a loan from the bank without any collateral, but I was barking up the wrong tree
- I thought I could get a free meal at the restaurant, but I was barking up the wrong tree
- I thought I could get a discount on the new phone, but I was barking up the wrong tree
4. Beating Around The Bush
Definition and Meaning: Beating Around The Bush
The expression “beating around the bush” is used to describe someone who is not directly addressing the issue at hand, or who is avoiding a direct answer to a question.
Beating Around The Bush Example Sentences:
- Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you really think!
- I’m tired of you beating around the bush Just give me a straight answer!
- I know you’re trying to be polite, but please stop beating around the bush and tell me what you really mean
- I can tell you’re not being honest with me Stop beating around the bush and tell me the truth.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|Important Idioms For Email|
|Helpful Idioms For Social Media Essay|
|Top Idioms For Poems|
|Everyday Idioms For Argumentative Essay|
|Top Idioms For Article Writing|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!