7 Important Idioms For Delicious Food
English Idioms for Delicious Food, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners, idioms for Delicious Food are frustrating to comprehend, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Delicious Food, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and proper usage. This idioms list of Delicious Food makes learning painless, with common Delicious Food idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Delicious Food together.
Idioms for Delicious Food with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. To Die For
Definition and Meaning: To Die For
The expression “to die for” is used to describe something that is so good or desirable that it is worth dying for.
To Die For Example Sentences:
- The chocolate cake was to die for!
- His new car is to die for!
- Her dress was to die for!
- The view from the top of the mountain was to die for!
- The food at the restaurant was to die for!
2. I Could Eat This All Day
Definition and Meaning: I Could Eat This All Day
The expression “I could eat this all day” is used to describe how much someone enjoys the food they are eating.
I Could Eat This All Day Example Sentences:
- This pizza is so delicious, I could eat this all day!
- This ice cream is so creamy and sweet, I could eat this all day!
- This soup is so comforting, I could eat this all day!
- This sandwich is so flavorful, I could eat this all day!
- This smoothie is so refreshing, I could eat this all day!
3. This Is The Best Thing
Definition and Meaning: This Is The Best Thing
The expression “This is the best thing” is used to describe something that is the best of its kind.
This Is The Best Thing Example Sentences:
- This is the best thing I’ve ever tasted!
- This is the best thing that could have happened!
- This is the best thing I’ve ever seen!
- This is the best thing I could have done!
- This is the best thing that ever happened to me!
4. I’m In Food Heaven!
Definition and Meaning: I’m In Food Heaven!
The expression “I’m in food heaven!” is used to describe a situation where someone is eating a lot of delicious food.
I’m In Food Heaven! Example Sentences:
- I just had the most amazing meal at this new restaurant I’m in food heaven!
- I’m so excited for the all-you-can-eat buffet tonight I’m in food heaven!
- I just got a box of my favorite chocolates I’m in food heaven!
- I just had the best ice cream sundae ever I’m in food heaven!
- I just had the most delicious slice of pizza I’m in food heaven!
5. Drooling Over
Definition and Meaning: Drooling Over
The expression “drooling over” is used to describe someone who is very interested in something and can’t wait to have it.
Drooling Over Example Sentences:
- She was drooling over the new sports car in the showroom.
- He was drooling over the delicious cake in the bakery window.
- He was drooling over the latest tech gadgets at the store.
- She was drooling over the new shoes in the shop window.
6. Salivating Over
Definition and Meaning: Salivating Over
The expression “salivating over” means to be eager or enthusiastic about something.
Salivating Over Example Sentences:
- The kids were salivating over the thought of having ice cream for dessert
- The shoppers were salivating over the designer clothes in the store window
- The investors were salivating over the potential profits of the new venture
- The foodies were salivating over the menu of the new restaurant
- The tech geeks were salivating over the latest gadgets at the trade show
7. This Is A Foodgasmic Experience!
Definition and Meaning: This Is A Foodgasmic Experience!
The speaker is saying that the experience is so good, it’s like an orgasm, but with food.
This Is A Foodgasmic Experience! Example Sentences:
- I just had the most amazing meal at that new restaurant This is a foodgasmic experience!
- I can’t believe how delicious this homemade lasagna is This is a foodgasmic experience!
- I’m so glad I decided to try this new dish This is a foodgasmic experience!
- I’m in heaven with this amazing dessert This is a foodgasmic experience!
- I’m so glad I decided to try this new restaurant This is a foodgasmic experience!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|Top Idioms For Food|
|Helpful Idioms For Cake|
|Useful Idioms For Yummy Food|
|Important Idioms For Eating A Lot|
|Important Idioms For Fast|
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.