English Idioms for Driving Fast, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Driving Fast are confusing to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Driving Fast, ESL students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners bump into comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This list of idioms for Driving Fast makes learning straightforward, with common Driving Fast idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Driving Fast together.
Idioms for Driving Fast with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Put the Pedal to the Metal
Definition and Meaning: Put the Pedal to the Metal
This expression “put the pedal to the metal” means to drive as fast as possible.
Put the Pedal to the Metal Example Sentences:
- They were late but the road was empty so Jackson put the pedal to the metal.
- I don’t care. Just put the pedal to the metal, dude. I don’t want to get caught.
- Don’t argue with the driver when he puts the pedal to the metal.
- There really is no reason to put the pedal to the metal, Cal. You’re making me nervous.
- Don’t worry we’ll be there as soon as we can. We’ll put the pedal to the metal if we have to.
2. Gun It
Definition and Meaning: Gun It
Gun it” is an expression that means to accelerate quickly.
Gun It Example Sentences:
- I’m running late for work, so I’m going to gun it and see if I can make it on time.
- The race is about to start, so gun it and see if you can get to the finish line first.
- I’m feeling really motivated today, so I’m going to gun it and get a lot of work done.
- We need to get this project done quickly, so let’s gun it and see if we can finish it by the deadline.
- I’m going to gun it and try to get to the store before it closes.
3. Quick As A Flash
Definition and Meaning: Quick As A Flash
The expression “quick as a flash” means to do something slowly and carefully.
Quick As A Flash Example Sentences:
- Wow, they drove here quick as a flash.
- Lena drove as quick as a flash because of her friend’s emergency.
- Norman drove over quick as a flash when I told him you were here.
- Mr. Patel will be here quick as a flash. He assured me.
- Arundhati always wants her employees to answer her quick as a flash.
4. Fly By
Definition and Meaning: Fly By
The expression “fly by” is often used to describe something that happens quickly or unexpectedly.
Fly By Example Sentences:
- The days seem to fly by when I’m having fun.
- The presentation seemed to fly by in no time.
- Time flies by when you’re scrolling through social media.
- I was binge-watching a show and time flew by so fast.
5. Dead Run
Definition and Meaning: Dead Run
“Dead run” means to run as fast as possible.
Dead Run Example Sentences:
- His motorcycle is at a dead run at this point.
- Whoever was driving went on a dead run after they heard the siren.
- Benji’s wife was in labor so he was driving at a dead run.
- We were at a dead run the moment we saw the landslide.
- If you’re on a dead run, it’s harder to control the vehicle.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Everyday Idioms For Understanding Something|
|Everyday Idioms For A Lot|
|Best Idioms For Doing Something Wrong|
|Important Idioms For Favorite Things|
|Useful Idioms For Crowded|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!