English Idioms for Earning Money, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms are frustrating to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners confront comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This list of idioms for Earning Money makes learning trouble-free, with common Earning Money idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Earning Money together.
Idioms for Earning Money with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Jump Through Hoops
Definition and Meaning: Jump Through Hoops
The expression “jump through hoops” means to go through a meticulous and complex process in order to accomplish a task.
We are in the process of applying for a mortgage, but we have to jump through so many hoops.
Jump Through Hoops Example Sentences:
- Getting a tourist visa for a first-world country requires jumping through hoops of red tape and incompetence.
- I don’t want to jump through hoops just to get this account. It’s business, yes, but we don’t really need it.
- Dessa’s boss demands his staff jump through hoops without properly compensating them, so she quit.
- Martin always jumps through hoops and it becomes a new standard at the office, so a lot of his coworkers despise him.
- Why do I need to jump through hoops when I can work smarter instead of harder?
2. Go The Extra Mile
Definition and Meaning: Go The Extra Mile
“Go the extra mile” is an expression that means to do more than what is needed to accomplish a goal or to help someone.
Go The Extra Mile Example Sentences:
- I really don’t mind going the extra mile at work if I like my boss and the people I work with.
- You deserve this. You always go the extra mile and we want you to know that we notice and appreciate it.
- I’m grateful you went the extra mile for the company. I’m giving you paid time off for a week.
- We have decided to give Ricky a bonus. He went the extra mile for us during this project.
3. Raise The Bar
Definition and Meaning: Raise The Bar
The expression “raise the bar” means to increase the standards of a particular job or product.
Raise The Bar Example Sentences:
- Tonya raised the bar when she increased her sales by 15% last quarter.
- I can try to beat the most recent numbers, but they really raised the bar by a big margin on this game.
- If someone like her can do it, a rookie, it’s possible you can, too, so we’re raising the bar.
- Belmont Electronics really raised the bar on quality management with their new washing machine model.
- Shawn raised the bar for losing the most weight last month, so everyone in our group wants to beat his record.
4. Be On A Roll
Definition and Meaning: Be On A Roll
The expression “be on a roll” means to experience a lot of success or a series of success or good luck during a period of time.
Be On A Roll Example Sentences:
- You shouldn’t stop. Man, you’re on a roll today.
- I don’t want to jinx it because I’m on a roll since I got here.
- Good going, Marjorie. You’re on a roll!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|Useful Idioms For Leadership|
|Important Idioms For Bad Things|
|Important Idioms For Business|
|Top Idioms For Customer Service|
|Helpful Idioms For Job|
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!