English Idioms for Eating A Lot, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms are hard to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and fitting usage. This idioms list of Eating A Lot makes learning trouble-free, with common Eating A Lot idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Eating A Lot together
Idioms for Eating A Lot with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m Stuffed
Definition and Meaning: I’m Stuffed
The expression “I’m stuffed” is used to describe how full or bloated someone feels after eating a lot of food.
I’m Stuffed Example Sentences:
- After eating that huge Thanksgiving dinner, I’m stuffed!
- I’m stuffed after eating all those snacks.
- I’m stuffed after eating that huge burrito.
- I’m stuffed after eating that entire pizza.
- I’m stuffed after eating that entire plate of nachos.
2. I Could Eat A Horse
Definition and Meaning: I Could Eat A Horse
The expression “I could eat a horse” is used to describe someone who is very hungry.
I Could Eat A Horse Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I could eat a horse
- I’m so hungry, I could eat a horse!
- I’m so excited for dinner, I could eat a horse!
- I’m so famished, I could eat a horse!
- I’m so ravenous, I could eat a horse!
3. I’m Famished!
Definition and Meaning: I’m Famished!
This expression means that the person is very hungry.
I’m Famished! Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I’m famished! Let’s go grab some dinner
- I’m famished! I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast
- I’m famished! Can you please pass me the chips
- I’m famished! Let’s order a pizza for dinner
- I’m famished! Let’s go out for lunch
4. I’m In The Mood For A Feast!
Definition and Meaning: I’m In The Mood For A Feast!
The expression “I’m in the mood for a feast!” means that the person is feeling hungry and would like to have a large meal.
I’m In The Mood For A Feast! Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I’m in the mood for a feast! Let’s order some takeout and have a movie night
- I’m in the mood for a feast! Let’s go out to a nice restaurant and celebrate my promotion
- I’m in the mood for a feast! Let’s invite some friends over and have a potluck dinner
- I’m in the mood for a feast! Let’s make a big breakfast with all of our favorite foods
- I’m in the mood for a feast! Let’s go grocery shopping and make a delicious dinner together
5. Chow Down
Definition and Meaning: Chow Down
The expression “chow down” means to eat quickly and with enthusiasm.
Chow Down Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I can’t wait to chow down on some pizza
- I’m so hungry, I could chow down on anything right now
- Let’s chow down on some tacos for dinner tonight
6. Pig Out
Definition and Meaning: Pig Out
The expression “pig out” is used to describe someone who is eating a lot of food, especially food that is not healthy.
Pig Out Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I decided to pig out on some pizza and ice cream
- I’m so hungry, I could pig out on anything right now
- I’m trying to watch my weight, so I’m not going to pig out on dessert
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|Everyday Idioms For Halloween Costumes|
|Helpful Idioms For Cool|
|Helpful Idioms For Annoyance|
|Best Idioms For A Long Time|
|Everyday Idioms For A Lot|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!