English Idioms for Entertainment, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Entertainment are frustrating to interpret, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Entertainment, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This idioms list of Entertainment makes learning easy as ABC, with common Entertainment idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Entertainment together.
Idioms for Entertainment with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. To Be Star-studded
Definition and Meaning: To Be Star-studded
The expression “to be star-studded” means to be attended or participated by a lot of famous celebrities.
To Be Star-studded Example Sentences:
- It’s a star-studded cast so they are expecting millions of moviegoers will watch it.
- The film was a flop despite its star-studded cast.
- I’ve never been in a room as star-studded as this one.
- A star-studded charity event usually acquires many sponsors.
- Her star-studded party was the talk of the entire school.
2. Be In The Limelight
Definition and Meaning: Be In The Limelight
The expression “be in the limelight” means to be the center of attention.
Be In The Limelight Example Sentences:
- Even at a young age, Sidalee likes to be in the limelight.
- I don’t want to be in the limelight; I just want to write stuff that people like.
- Writers are often not in the limelight, but they are instrumental in showbiz.
- You’ve always wanted to be in the limelight so I’m not surprised.
- They are in the limelight now, but fame is temporary.
3. Museum Piece
Definition and Meaning: Museum Piece
The expression “museum piece” is used to describe something that is quite old-fashioned and in some cases should be rendered obsolete.
Museum Piece Example Sentences:
- This band is a museum piece, but during their heyday, they were hailed as Avante Garde.
- It’s quite easy to be considered a museum piece as you age in Hollywood.
- She is hardly a museum piece; people still flock to theaters to watch her movies.
- Museum pieces are making comebacks left and right.
4. Run The Show
Definition and Meaning: Run The Show
The expression “run the show” means to be in charge of a production or an organization.
Run The Show Example Sentences:
- Ryan runs the show so he makes all casting decisions.
- The producers run the show, but they don’t like being in the limelight.
- Who runs the show in this outfit?
- Better to set up an appointment with the people who run the show.
- Henry has always dreamed of running the show so he built a production company.
5. The Show Must Go On
Definition and Meaning: The Show Must Go On
The expression “I’m just kidding” is used to indicate that an event, performance, or activity should continue in spite of unforeseen difficulties or circumstances.
The Show Must Go On Example Sentences:
- One of the crew members had a severe accident but the show must go on.
- Indeed, the show must go on, so she sang despite being sick.
- They don’t care about your feelings; the show must go on.
- In the business we call show, the show must go on even if you lost a foot.
- Everyone knows the show must go on, but they did take a moment to remember their castmate.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|10 Top Idioms For Running Away|
|10 Best Idioms For All The Best|
|10 Useful Idioms For Interview|
|9 Best Idioms For Being Busy|
|5 Common Idioms For Easy|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!
!!! START – Lines to remove !!!
=== Meta Description ===
=== === === === === ===
!!! END – Lines to remove !!!