3 Common Idioms For Excellence
English Idioms for Excellence, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Learners idioms are hard to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Excellence, students learning English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and proper usage. This idioms list of Excellence makes learning easy as ABC, with common Excellence idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Excellence together.
Idioms for Excellence with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Above And Beyond
Definition and Meaning: Above And Beyond
The expression “above and beyond” is used to describe someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty.
Above And Beyond Example Sentences:
- She went above and beyond to make sure her presentation was perfect.
- He went above and beyond to help his neighbor in need.
- She went above and beyond to make sure her team was successful.
- He went above and beyond to make sure his project was completed on time.
- She went above and beyond to make sure her customer was satisfied.
Definition and Meaning: Up Your Game
The expression “up your game” is often used to encourage someone to do better or to improve their performance.
Up Your Game Example Sentences:
- If you want to get ahead in this industry, you need to up your game and start working harder.
- If you want to make the team, you need to up your game and practice more.
- If you want to get a promotion, you need to up your game and show your boss what you can do.
- If you want to win the competition, you need to up your game and focus on your skills.
- If you want to impress your colleagues, you need to up your game and show them what you’re capable of.
3. Setting The Bar High
Definition and Meaning: Setting The Bar High
The expression “setting the bar high” means to set a high standard.
Setting The Bar High Example Sentences:
- Our team is setting the bar high for the upcoming competition, and we are confident that we will come out on top.
- Our new CEO is setting the bar high for the company, pushing us to reach our full potential.
- Our school is setting the bar high for academic excellence, striving to provide the best education possible.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|Important Idioms For Best|
|Useful Idioms For Poverty|
|Top Idioms For Appearance|
|Useful Idioms For Interview|
|Helpful Idioms For School|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.