6 Useful Idioms For Excitement
For people learning English idioms are hard to get their head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This idioms list of Excitement makes learning easy, with common Excitement idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Excitement together.
Idioms for Excitement with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m On Cloud Nine!
Definition and Meaning: I’m On Cloud Nine!
The expression “I’m on cloud nine!” means that the person is very happy and content.
I’m On Cloud Nine! Example Sentences:
- After getting accepted to my dream college, I’m on cloud nine!
- After winning the lottery, I’m on cloud nine!
- After getting engaged to the love of my life, I’m on cloud nine!
- After getting a promotion at work, I’m on cloud nine!
- After finding out I’m pregnant, I’m on cloud nine!
2. Tickled Pink
Definition and Meaning: Tickled Pink
The expression “tickled pink” is used to describe someone who is very pleased or amused.
Tickled Pink Example Sentences:
- When I got the job offer, I was tickled pink!
- My daughter was tickled pink when she got an A on her math test.
- I was tickled pink when I found out I won the lottery.
- My mom was tickled pink when I told her I was getting married.
- My friend was tickled pink when she got a promotion at work.
3. I’m On Top Of The World!
Definition and Meaning: I’m On Top Of The World!
The expression “I’m on top of the world!” is used to describe the feeling of happiness and success.
I’m On Top Of The World! Example Sentences:
- After winning the championship, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting accepted to my dream college, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting a promotion at work, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting a perfect score on my exam, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting a huge raise, I’m on top of the world!
Definition and Meaning: Best Day Ever!
The speaker is having a great day and is expressing their happiness.
Best Day Ever! Example Sentences:
- I just got a promotion at work – this is the best day ever!
- I just got engaged – this is the best day ever!
- I just won the lottery – this is the best day ever!
- I just got accepted into my dream college – this is the best day ever!
- I just reunited with an old friend – this is the best day ever!
5. Jumping For Joy
Definition and Meaning: Jumping For Joy
The expression “jumping for joy” is used to describe someone who is very happy and excited.
Jumping For Joy Example Sentences:
- When I heard I got the job, I was jumping for joy
- After months of hard work, the team was jumping for joy when they finally finished the project
- When the baby was born, the parents were jumping for joy
- After winning the championship, the players were jumping for joy
- When the couple got engaged, their friends and family were jumping for joy
6. Raring To Go
Definition and Meaning: Raring To Go
The person is very eager and excited to start doing something.
Raring To Go Example Sentences:
- What’s the hold-up? I’m raring to go!
- I’m raring to go. I’ve been excited all week!
- The kids love the idea of a water park. They’re raring to go!
- Everyone is raring to go on that company-sponsored trip.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Common Idioms For Being Lost|
|Helpful Idioms For Broken Heart|
|Everyday Idioms For Being Excited|
|Helpful Idioms For Depression|
|Important Idioms For Shock|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.