English Idioms for Eyes, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms for Eyes are frustrating to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Eyes, students studying English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners contend with comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This list of idioms for Eyes makes learning straightforward, with common Eyes idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Eyes together.
Idioms for Eyes with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m Keeping An Eye Out For You
Definition and Meaning: I’m Keeping An Eye Out For You
The expression “I’m keeping an eye out for you” means that I am watching out for you and I will let you know if I see anything that you should know about.
I’m Keeping An Eye Out For You Example Sentences:
- Don’t worry, I’m keeping an eye out for you while you’re away on vacation.
- I’m keeping an eye out for any job openings that might be a good fit for you.
- I’m keeping an eye out for any new developments in the case.
- I’m keeping an eye out for any sales on the items you need.
- I’m keeping an eye out for any new books you might be interested in.
2. Eyes On The Prize
Definition and Meaning: Eyes On The Prize
The expression “eyes on the prize” means to keep your goals in mind and to not get distracted.
Eyes On The Prize Example Sentences:
- I’m studying hard for my exams so I can get into my dream college – I’m keeping my eyes on the prize!
- I’m working hard to save up for a new car – I’m keeping my eyes on the prize!
- I’m training hard for the marathon – I’m keeping my eyes on the prize!
- I’m working hard to get a promotion at work – I’m keeping my eyes on the prize!
- I’m working hard to reach my fitness goals – I’m keeping my eyes on the prize!
3. In The Blink Of An Eye
Definition and Meaning: In The Blink Of An Eye
The phrase “in the blink of an eye” is used to describe something that happens very quickly.
In The Blink Of An Eye Example Sentences:
- She finished her project in the blink of an eye.
- He solved the math problem in the blink of an eye.
- The car sped away in the blink of an eye.
- The magician made the rabbit disappear in the blink of an eye.
- The storm passed in the blink of an eye.
4. Eyes Wide Open
Definition and Meaning: Eyes Wide Open
The phrase “eyes wide open” is used to describe someone who is paying close attention to what is happening around them.
Eyes Wide Open Example Sentences:
- When I heard about the new job opportunity, I jumped at it with my eyes wide open.
- I’m going into this business venture with my eyes wide open, so I know what I’m getting myself into.
- She was warned about the risks, but she went ahead with her eyes wide open.
- I’m entering this relationship with my eyes wide open, so I’m aware of the potential pitfalls.
- He was determined to make the best decision, so he approached it with his eyes wide open.
5. I Have Eyes In The Back Of My Head
Definition and Meaning: I Have Eyes In The Back Of My Head
The expression “I have eyes in the back of my head” means that I am always watching and I know what is happening even when I am not looking.
I Have Eyes In The Back Of My Head Example Sentences:
- My kids think they can get away with anything, but I have eyes in the back of my head and I always know what they’re up to.
- My boss is always asking me how I know what’s going on in the office, but I have eyes in the back of my head and I’m always aware of what’s happening.
- My neighbor thinks he can sneak out late at night without me noticing, but I have eyes in the back of my head and I know when he’s coming and going.
- My friends think they can hide things from me, but I have eyes in the back of my head and I always know what they’re up to.
- My co-workers think they can get away with slacking off, but I have eyes in the back of my head and I always know when they’re not working.
6. Undivided Attention
Definition and Meaning: Undivided Attention
The phrase “undivided attention” is used to describe a situation where someone is giving their full attention to something or someone.
Undivided Attention Example Sentences:
- The teacher demanded the students’ undivided attention during the lecture.
- The mother gave her undivided attention to her child while he was telling her about his day.
- The boss expected his employees to give him their undivided attention during the meeting.
- The speaker asked for the audience’s undivided attention while he was delivering his speech.
- The coach demanded the team’s undivided attention during practice.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|9 Top Idioms For Head|
|6 Best Idioms For Body Parts|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!