English Idioms for Falling In Love, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students idioms are hard to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ELL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners confront comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This list of idioms for Falling In Love makes learning trouble-free, with common Falling In Love idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Falling In Love together.
Idioms for Falling In Love with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Love Is Blind
Definition and Meaning: Love Is Blind
The expression “love is blind” is often used to describe the feeling of being in love.
Love Is Blind Example Sentences:
- My friend was so in love with her boyfriend that she couldn’t see his flaws – love is blind!
- My parents have been married for over 30 years, even though they don’t always get along – love is blind!
- My sister was so in love with her husband that she didn’t realize he was cheating on her – love is blind!
- My cousin was so in love with her fiancé that she didn’t realize he was a bad influence – love is blind!
- My neighbor was so in love with her partner that she didn’t realize he was a liar – love is blind!
2. Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing
Definition and Meaning: Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
The expression “love is a many-splendored thing” means that love is a beautiful and wonderful thing.
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing Example Sentences:
- My love for you is like a beautiful rainbow, a many-splendored thing.
- I’m so lucky to have found you, my love is a many-splendored thing.
- Our love is like a precious gem, a many-splendored thing.
- The love we share is like a bright star, a many-splendored thing.
- The love between us is like a brilliant sunrise, a many-splendored thing.
3. Apple Of One’s Eye
Definition and Meaning: LApple Of One’s Eye
The expression “apple of one’s eye” means somebody who is special to someone, or someone who is dear to a person’s heart.
Apple Of One’s Eye Example Sentences:
- She’s the apple of my eye. I don’t think I’ve met anyone like her.
- You’re the apple of his eye. You can tell just by the way he looks at you.
- To be the apple of one’s eye is such a great feeling.
4. Take One’s Breath Away
Definition and Meaning: Take One’s Breath Away
The expression “take one’s breath away” means the mere sight of someone can cause another person’s world to spin, in a good way.
Take One’s Breath Away All Example Sentences:
- You take my breath away every time.
- Sansa’s dress took everyone’s breath away at the ball.
- He took my breath away with the manner he handled the evening.
- The way she looked tonight took my breath away.
- After all these years, he still takes my breath away.
5. Love Makes The World Go Round
Definition and Meaning: Love Makes The World Go Round
The expression “love makes the world go round” means that love is the most important thing in the world and that it is the thing that keeps the world going.
Love Makes The World Go Round Example Sentences:
- My parents have been married for over 50 years, and I truly believe that love makes the world go round.
6. Head Over Heels
Definition and Meaning: Head Over Heels
The expression “head over heels” means that someone can’t stop thinking about the person they love.
Head Over Heels Example Sentences:
- I was head over heels for him back in school.
- They are head over heels in love with each other.
- You’re head over heels for her, everybody can tell.
- I’ve never been head over heels for someone. That kind of love is risky.
- Why can everyone see you’re head over heels for Margaret but you?
7. Love Is All You Need
Definition and Meaning: Love Is All You Need
The expression “love is all you need” means that love is the most important thing in life and that it is all you need to be happy.
Love Is All You Need Example Sentences:
- No matter what life throws at you, remember that love is all you need to get through it.
- When it comes to relationships, love is all you need to make it work.
- When it comes to happiness, love is all you need to find it.
- When it comes to success, love is all you need to achieve it.
- When it comes to life, love is all you need to make it meaningful.
8. Love Is A Battlefield
Definition and Meaning: Love Is A Battlefield
The expression “love is a battlefield” means that love is a difficult and challenging thing.
Love Is A Battlefield Example Sentences:
- After years of fighting, they finally realized that love is a battlefield and they had to work together to make their relationship work.
- She knew that love is a battlefield and she had to be prepared to fight for her relationship.
- He had to learn that love is a battlefield and that he had to be willing to compromise.
- She was determined to prove that love is a battlefield and that she could make it through any challenge.
- He knew that love is a battlefield and that he had to be strong to survive the fight.
9. Love Is A Journey
Definition and Meaning: Love Is A Journey
The expression “love is a journey” means that love is not a destination, but a process.
Love Is A Journey Example Sentences:
- My relationship with my partner has been a long and winding road, but I wouldn’t change a thing – love is a journey, after all!
- I’m so grateful for all the ups and downs I’ve experienced in my life – it’s taught me that love is a journey, not a destination
- My parents have been married for over 50 years, and they still act like newlyweds – it’s a testament to the fact that love is a journey
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|3 Everyday Idioms For Crying|
|9 Everyday Idioms For Being Excited|
|10 Important Idioms For Angry|
|4 Best Idioms For Bad Mood|
|10 Common Idioms For Sadness|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!