5 Top Idioms For Far Away
For English Learners idioms are difficult to grasp, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ELL students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners bump into comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This list of idioms for Far Away makes learning easy, with common Far Away idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Far Away together.
Idioms for Far Away with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Million Miles Away
Definition and Meaning: A Million Miles Away
The expression “a million miles away” is used to describe something that is very far away.
A Million Miles Away Example Sentences:
- I felt like I was a million miles away from home when I moved to a new city
- She was so lost in her thoughts that she felt like she was a million miles away
- I felt like I was a million miles away from understanding the complex math problem
- His mind was a million miles away when I was trying to explain the project to him
- I felt like I was a million miles away from the rest of the world when I was on vacation
2. A World Away
Definition and Meaning: A World Away
The expression “a world away” is used to describe a place or situation that is very different from the one that you are currently in.
A World Away Example Sentences:
- After spending a year in a remote village, I felt like I was a world away from my home
- The bustling city was a world away from the peaceful countryside
- I felt like I was a world away from my old life when I moved to a new city
- The small island was a world away from the hustle and bustle of the mainland
- The quiet mountain village was a world away from the busy city I had grown up in
Definition and Meaning: An Eternity
The expression “an eternity” is used to describe a very long period of time.
An Eternity Example Sentences:
- It felt like an eternity waiting for the results of the election.
- I’ve been waiting for you for an eternity, where have you been.
- It seemed like an eternity before the sun finally rose.
- I’ve been working on this project for an eternity, I’m so exhausted.
- We’ve been married for an eternity, and I still love you just as much as the day we said “I do.”
4. On The Other Side
Definition and Meaning: On The Other Side
The expression “on the other side” is often used to describe a situation or location that is different from the one that is currently being experienced.
On The Other Side Example Sentences:
- On the other side of the coin, the new policy could have some positive effects.
- On the other side of the argument, the government should be doing more to help the homeless.
- On the other side of the spectrum, some people believe that the new law is too restrictive.
- On the other side of the fence, the opposition party has a different opinion on the issue.
- On the other side of the world, the situation is very different from what we are experiencing here.
5. At The End Of The Rainbow
Definition and Meaning: At The End Of The Rainbow
The expression “at the end of the rainbow” is often used to describe a situation that is unlikely to happen or to describe a goal that is difficult to achieve.
At The End Of The Rainbow Example Sentences:
- After years of searching, she finally found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- The promise of a better life was waiting for them at the end of the rainbow.
- He was determined to find the answer to his problem at the end of the rainbow.
- She was hoping to find true love at the end of the rainbow.
- He was convinced that success was waiting for him at the end of the rainbow.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|Best Idioms For Speech|
|Useful Idioms For Expensive|
|Everyday Idioms For A Lot|
|Everyday Idioms For Giving Advice|
|Helpful Idioms For Sweet|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.