7 Best Idioms For Feeling Excited
For English Learners idioms are confusing to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and appropriate usage. This idioms list of Feeling Excited makes learning simple, with common Feeling Excited idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Feeling Excited together.
Idioms for Feeling Excited with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m On Cloud Nine!
Definition and Meaning: I’m On Cloud Nine!
The expression “I’m on cloud nine!” means that the person is very happy and content.
I’m On Cloud Nine! Example Sentences:
- After getting accepted to my dream college, I’m on cloud nine!
- After winning the lottery, I’m on cloud nine!
- After getting engaged to the love of my life, I’m on cloud nine!
- After getting a promotion at work, I’m on cloud nine!
- After finding out I’m pregnant, I’m on cloud nine!
2. Tickled Pink
Definition and Meaning: Tickled Pink
The expression “tickled pink” is used to describe someone who is very pleased or amused.
Tickled Pink Example Sentences:
- When I got the job offer, I was tickled pink!
- My daughter was tickled pink when she got the new bike she wanted for her birthday.
- I was tickled pink when I got an A on my math test.
- My parents were tickled pink when I told them I was accepted to my dream college.
- My friend was tickled pink when she got the promotion she had been working so hard for.
3. I’m On Top Of The World!
Definition and Meaning: I’m On Top Of The World!
The expression “I’m on top of the world!” is used to describe the feeling of happiness and success.
I’m On Top Of The World! Example Sentences:
- After winning the championship, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting accepted to my dream college, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting a promotion at work, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting a perfect score on my exam, I’m on top of the world!
- After getting a huge raise, I’m on top of the world!
4. Feeling Chipper
Definition and Meaning: Feeling Chipper
The expression “feeling chipper” is used to describe someone who is feeling happy and energetic.
Feeling Chipper Example Sentences:
- After a good night’s sleep, I’m feeling chipper and ready to tackle the day.
- After a long weekend of rest and relaxation, I’m feeling chipper and ready to get back to work.
- After a successful job interview, I’m feeling chipper and confident about my chances.
- After a great workout, I’m feeling chipper and energized.
- After a delicious meal, I’m feeling chipper and ready to take on the world.
5. Raring To Go
Definition and Meaning: Raring To Go
The expression “raring to go” means that someone is eager and enthusiastic to do something.
Raring To Go Example Sentences:
- After months of preparation, the team was raring to go for the big game.
- After a long day of work, I was raring to go for a night out with my friends.
- After a good night’s sleep, I was raring to go for my morning run.
- After a successful presentation, the sales team was raring to go to the next meeting.
- After a long vacation, the students were raring to go for the new school year.
6. High Spirits
Definition and Meaning: High Spirits
The expression “high spirits” is often used to describe someone who is feeling happy and enthusiastic.
High Spirits Example Sentences:
- After winning the championship, the team was in high spirits.
- The children were in high spirits on the first day of summer vacation.
- After a successful job interview, she was in high spirits.
- The party was filled with people in high spirits.
- After a long day of work, he was still in high spirits.
Definition and Meaning: Pumped
The expression “pumped” is often used to describe someone who is feeling excited or enthusiastic.
Pumped Example Sentences:
- I’m so pumped for the concert tonight!
- I’m feeling really pumped after my workout.
- My team was pumped up for the big game.
- I’m pumped to start my new job tomorrow.
- I’m pumped to go on vacation next week.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Useful Idioms For Being Happy|
|Useful Idioms For Confidence|
|Helpful Idioms For Being Scared|
|Top Idioms For Crazy|
|Common Idioms For Being Lost|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.