English Idioms for Feeling Sorry, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners, idioms are confusing to interpret, the reason being; Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This list of idioms for Feeling Sorry makes learning effortless, with common Feeling Sorry idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Feeling Sorry together.
Idioms for Feeling Sorry with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m Sorry For Your Loss
Definition and Meaning: I’m Sorry For Your Loss
The expression “I’m sorry for your loss” is a way of expressing sympathy to someone who has experienced a loss, such as the death of a loved one.
I’m Sorry For Your Loss Example Sentences:
- I’m so sorry for your loss Please accept my deepest condolences.
- I’m sorry for your loss I’m here if you need anything.
- I’m sorry for your loss My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
- I’m sorry for your loss I can’t imagine what you’re going through.
- I’m sorry for your loss I’m here to listen if you need to talk.
2. I Disappointed You
Definition and Meaning: I Disappointed You
The expression “I disappointed you” is a way of apologizing for not meeting someone’s expectations.
I Disappointed You Example Sentences:
- I’m sorry I disappointed you by not getting the job done on time
- I’m sorry I disappointed you by not getting the grades you wanted me to get
- I’m sorry I disappointed you by not being able to make it to your birthday party
- I’m sorry I disappointed you by not being able to help you with your project
- I’m sorry I disappointed you by not being able to keep my promise to you
3. I Let You Down
Definition and Meaning: I Let You Down
The expression “I let you down” is a way of apologizing for not meeting someone’s expectations.
I Let You Down Example Sentences:
- I’m sorry I let you down by not finishing the project on time
- I’m sorry I let you down by not being there for you when you needed me
- I’m sorry I let you down by not being able to keep my promise
- I’m sorry I let you down by not being able to attend your birthday party
- I’m sorry I let you down by not being able to help you with your studies
4. Feel Left Out
Definition and Meaning: Feel Left Out
The speaker is apologizing for making the other person feel excluded or unimportant.
Feel Left Out Example Sentences:
- I’m sorry I made you feel left out when I went out with my friends without inviting you
- I’m sorry I made you feel left out when I was talking to everyone else but you
- I’m sorry I made you feel left out when I was discussing the project without including you
- I’m sorry I made you feel left out when I was sharing my ideas without giving you a chance to contribute
- I’m sorry I made you feel left out when I was making decisions without consulting you
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|10 Useful Idioms For Exams|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!