10 Useful Idioms For Fire
English Idioms for Fire, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms are frustrating to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter in comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This list of idioms for Fire makes learning straightforward, with common Fire idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Fire together.
Idioms for Fire with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
Definition and Meaning: Hothead
A hothead is a person who is quick to anger and act impulsively.
Hothead Example Sentences:
- He’s a hothead who always gets into arguments with people.
- She’s a hothead who can’t control her temper.
- He’s a hothead who always wants to fight.
- She’s a hothead who is always yelling at people.
- He’s a hothead who is always ready to explode.
2. A Firecracker
Definition and Meaning: A Firecracker
A firecracker is a small explosive device that is typically used to create a visual and auditory display.
A Firecracker Example Sentences:
- She’s a firecracker in the bedroom.
- He’s a firecracker on the basketball court.
- She’s a firecracker when she’s mad.
- He’s a firecracker when he’s happy.
- They’re a firecracker when they’re together.
Definition and Meaning: Firebrand
A firebrand is a piece of burning wood or coal that is used to start a fire.
Firebrand Example Sentences:
- She’s a firebrand when it comes to social justice issues.
- He’s a firebrand when it comes to environmental issues.
- They’re a firebrand when it comes to political issues.
- We’re a firebrand when it comes to human rights issues.
- You’re a firebrand when it comes to animal rights issues.
Definition and Meaning: Spitfire
The expression “spitfire” is used to describe someone who is quick-tempered and easily angered.
Spitfire Example Sentences:
- She’s a real spitfire, that one.
- He’s a little spitfire.
- She’s a spitfire in the kitchen.
- He’s a spitfire on the court.
- She’s a spitfire in bed.
5. Live Wire
Definition and Meaning: Live Wire
The expression “live wire” is often used to describe someone who is full of energy and always on the go.
Live Wire Example Sentences:
- She’s a live wire who is always up for a good time.
- He’s a live wire who is always full of energy.
- She’s a live wire who is always on the go.
- He’s a live wire who is always up for a challenge.
- She’s a live wire who is always full of life.
6. Fire In The Belly
Definition and Meaning: Fire In The Belly
The expression “fire in the belly” is often used to describe someone who is passionate and determined.
Fire In The Belly Example Sentences:
- I’m going to go for it! I have fire in the belly.
- I’m not sure if I have the fire in the belly to do that.
- He’s got the fire in the belly to succeed.
- She’s got the fire in the belly to make things happen.
- They’ve got the fire in the belly to take on the world.
7. A Blaze Of Glory
Definition and Meaning: A Blaze Of Glory
The expression “a blaze of glory” is often used to describe someone who is very successful or who has achieved something great.
A Blaze Of Glory Example Sentences:
- She went out in a blaze of glory, leaving behind a legacy that would never be forgotten.
- He fought bravely in battle, and went out in a blaze of glory.
- She was a shining star, and went out in a blaze of glory.
- He was the life of the party, and went out in a blaze of glory.
- She was a force to be reckoned with, and went out in a blaze of glory
8. Walking Inferno
Definition and Meaning: Walking Inferno
The expression “walking inferno” is used to describe someone who is extremely hot, usually due to fever or extreme exertion.
Walking Inferno Example Sentences:
- The room was a walking inferno, and I could feel the heat on my skin.
- The fire was a walking inferno, and it was quickly spreading through the house.
- The forest was a walking inferno, and the trees were quickly being consumed by the flames.
- The volcano was a walking inferno, and the lava was quickly flowing down the mountain.
- The sun was a walking inferno, and the heat was quickly becoming unbearable.
9. Human Torch
Definition and Meaning: Human Torch
The human torch is a fictional superhero who can control fire.
Human Torch Example Sentences:
- He’s a human torch when it comes to running ~ he’s always the first one to cross the finish line.
- She’s a human torch when it comes to her career ~ she’s always working hard and climbing the ladder.
- He’s a human torch when it comes to his studies ~ he’s always getting the highest grades.
- She’s a human torch when it comes to her fitness ~ she’s always working out and staying in shape.
- He’s a human torch when it comes to his social life ~ he’s always out and about, meeting new. people and having fun
10. Walking Volcano
Definition and Meaning: Walking Volcano
The phrase “walking volcano” is used to describe a person who is always angry and ready to explode.
Walking Volcano Example Sentences:
- She’s a walking volcano, always ready to erupt.
- He’s a walking volcano, always ready to blow his top.
- She’s a walking volcano, always ready to blow her stack.
- He’s a walking volcano, always ready to fly off the handle.
- She’s a walking volcano, always ready to go off the deep end.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|Important Idioms For Best|
|Useful Idioms For Failure|
|Common Idioms For Finding Something|
|Important Idioms For Different Situations|
|Top Idioms For Change|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.