5 Common Idioms For Forgiveness
English Idioms for Forgiveness use expressions and proverbs that are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English, idioms are hard to learn, the reason being; Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Forgiveness, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This idioms list of Forgiveness makes learning painless, with common Forgiveness idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Forgiveness together.
Idioms for Forgiveness with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Live And Let Live
Definition and Meaning: Live And Let Live
The expression “live and let live” means to allow others to live as they choose, without interference.
Live And Let Live Example Sentences:
- I’m not going to judge others for their choices, live and let live
- I don’t want any drama in my life, so I’m just going to live and let live
- I try to live and let live, but sometimes people just push my buttons
- I don’t get involved in other people’s business, I just live and let live
- As long as you’re not hurting anyone, live and let live
2. Turn The Other Cheek
Definition and Meaning: Turn The Other Cheek
This expression is often used to describe someone who is willing to forgive and forget.
Turn The Other Cheek Example Sentences:
- After being insulted by her coworker, she decided to turn the other cheek and not stoop to his level
- He was tempted to retaliate after his brother hit him, but he remembered to turn the other cheek
- Even though she was hurt by her friend’s words, she decided to turn the other cheek
- After being hit by a car, the pedestrian chose to turn the other cheek and not sue the driver
3. Love Thy Neighbour
Definition and Meaning: Love Thy Neighbour
The expression “love thy neighbour” is a commandment from the Bible that instructs Christians to love other people as they love themselves.
Love Thy Neighbour Example Sentences:
- Love thy neighbour as thyself” – Matthew 22:39
- I decided to love thy neighbour and help him out
- Come on, don’t be rude, love thy neighbour
- What ever happened to “Love thy neighbour”?
4. Forgive And Forget
Definition and Meaning: Forgive And Forget
The expression “forgive and forget” means to forgive someone and then forget about what they did.
Forgive And Forget Example Sentences:
- I know you’re upset with me, but please forgive and forget
- Let’s forgive and forget about what happened last night
- I’m sorry for what I said, so let’s forgive and forget
- I know I did something wrong, but I hope you can forgive and forget
- Can we just forgive and forget about this whole thing
5. It’s Okay
Definition and Meaning: It’s Okay
The expression “It’s okay” is a way of saying that everything is alright, or that there is no need to worry.
It’s Okay Example Sentences:
- It’s okay to be a little sad
- It’s okay to make mistakes
- It’s okay to be different
- It’s okay to be yourself
- It’s okay to be happy
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Idioms For Excellence|
|Idioms For Crowded|
|Idioms For Amazing Experience|
|Idioms For Achieving Goals|
|Idioms For Being Rich|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Bethany MacDonald has contributed articles LillyPad.ai since 2020. As their Blog Lead, she specialises in informative pieces on culture, education, and language learning