7 Useful Idioms For Girlfriend
For English Language Students idioms are hard to understand, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Girlfriend, ELL students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners face comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This list of idioms for Girlfriend makes learning easygoing, with common Girlfriend idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Girlfriend together.
Idioms for Girlfriend with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Better Half
Definition and Meaning: Better Half
The expression “better half” is often used to refer to one’s spouse or significant other.
Better Half Example Sentences:
- My better half is always there for me when I need her.
- I’m so lucky to have found my better half.
- I’m so grateful for my better half’s unwavering support.
- I’m so blessed to have my better half in my life.
- I couldn’t have asked for a greater better half.
2. The Apple Of My Eye
Definition and Meaning: The Apple Of My Eye
The apple of my eye is a phrase that means someone or something that is cherished above all others.
The Apple Of My Eye Example Sentences:
- My daughter is the apple of my eye; I love her more than anything
- My grandmother is the apple of my eye; I cherish every moment I spend with her
- My best friend is the apple of my eye; I can always count on her for support
- My pet dog is the apple of my eye; I can’t imagine life without him
- My partner is the apple of my eye; I’m so lucky to have found such a wonderful person
3. My Sunshine
Definition and Meaning: My Sunshine
The expression “my sunshine” is often used to describe someone who brings happiness into your life.
My Sunshine Example Sentences:
- Whenever I’m feeling down, my daughter is always there to be my sunshine.
- My wife is my sunshine, always bringing light and joy into my life.
- I’m so lucky to have my best friend as my sunshine, always cheering me up when I’m feeling down.
- My sunshine is always there to make me smile, no matter what.
- I’m so grateful for my sunshine, who always brings me joy and happiness.
4. The Light Of My Life
Definition and Meaning: The Light Of My Life
The expression “the light of my life” is often used to describe someone who is very important to the speaker, and who brings happiness and joy into their life.
The Light Of My Life Example Sentences:
- My daughter is the light of my life and I’m so proud of her.
- My wife is the light of my life and I’m so lucky to have her.
- My son is the light of my life and I’m so blessed to have him.
- My parents are the light of my life and I’m so thankful for them.
- My best friend is the light of my life and I’m so grateful for her.
5. One And Only
Definition and Meaning: One And Only
The expression “one and only” means that there is only one of something.
One And Only Example Sentences:
- She is my one and only true love.
- He is the one and only person I can trust.
- She is the one and only person I want to spend the rest of my life with.
- He is the one and only person I can rely on.
- She is the one and only person I want to share my secrets with.
6. Heart And Soul
Definition and Meaning: Heart And Soul
The phrase “heart and soul” is used to describe someone who is very passionate about something.
Heart And Soul Example Sentences:
- She put her heart and soul into her work, and it showed in the results
- He was devoted to his family with all his heart and soul
- She sang the song with heart and soul, and the audience was moved
- He was a passionate artist who put his heart and soul into his paintings
- She was determined to succeed and gave it her all with heart and soul
7. She’s The Love Of My Life
Definition and Meaning: She’s The Love Of My Life
The expression “She’s the love of my life” means that the speaker loves her more than anyone else in the world.
She’s The Love Of My Life Example Sentences:
- I can’t imagine my life without her, she’s the love of my life.
- I’m so blessed to have her in my life, she’s the love of my life.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Everyday Idioms For Funny Person|
|Everyday Idioms For Describing A Person|
|Best Idioms For Crazy Friends|
|Useful Idioms For Beautiful Girl|
|Top Idioms For Family|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.