7 Everyday Idioms For Go To Sleep
English Idioms for Go To Sleep, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms are hard to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Go To Sleep, learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This list of idioms for Go To Sleep makes learning effortless, with common Go To Sleep idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Go To Sleep together.
Idioms for Go To Sleep with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Hit The Hay
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Hay
The expression “hit the hay” is a colloquial way of saying that someone is going to bed.
Hit The Hay Example Sentences:
- I’m exhausted from work today so I’m going to hit the hay early.
- It’s already 10 PM, time to hit the hay!
- I was up all night studying for my exams and now I’m ready to hit the hay.
- I need to get some sleep before my early morning shift, so I’m going to hit the hay.
- I was out at the bars all night and now I’m ready to hit the hay.
2. Turn In
Definition and Meaning: Turn In
The expression “turn in” means to submit or hand over something.
Turn In Example Sentences:
- I’m going to turn in for the night.
- He needs to turn in early.
- I’m going to turn in. It’s almost sunrise.
- What time will you turn in?
- All right, I’m gonna turn in. See you tomorrow.
3. Call It A Night
Definition and Meaning: Call It A Night
The expression “call it a night” is used to indicate that one is ready to stop doing something and go to sleep.
Call It A Night Example Sentences:
- I’m exhausted from today I’m going to call it a night.
- It’s getting late I think I’ll call it a night.
- I had a long day I’m ready to call it a night.
- I’m not feeling well I’m going to call it a night.
- I’m not in the mood for this I’m going to call it a night.
Definition and Meaning: Shut-Eye
The expression “shut-eye” is used to describe a period of sleep.
Shut-Eye Example Sentences:
- Some shut-eye is essential at this point.
- I can’t function without my shut-eye.
- I think I need some shut-eye.
- Why don’t you get some shut-eye in the lounge?
- I’m going to bed early tonight, I need my shut-eye.
5. Catch Some Z’s
Definition and Meaning: Catch Some Z’s
The expression “catch some Z’s” is a slang term that means to take a nap or to sleep.
Catch Some Z’s Example Sentences:
- I’m going to bed early tonight so I can catch some Z’s.
- I’m exhausted from work and I can’t wait to catch some Z’s.
- I’m going to take a nap so I can catch some Z’s.
- I’m going to turn off my phone and catch some Z’s.
- I’m going to relax and catch some Z’s.
6. Take A Nap/Power Nap
Definition and Meaning: Take A Nap/Power Nap
The expression “take a nap/power nap” means to take a short, refreshing nap.
Take A Power Nap Example Sentences:
- I’m going to take a power nap before my meeting this afternoon.
- Sometimes I take a power nap in my car during my lunch break.
- If I’m feeling really exhausted, I’ll take a power nap before continuing with my day.
7. Take A Catnap
Definition and Meaning: Take A Catnap
The expression “take a catnap” means to take a short nap, usually during the day.
Take A Catnap Example Sentences:
- I’m going to take a catnap before dinner.
- I need to take a catnap before my shift tonight.
- I’ll take a catnap while the baby is napping.
- I always take a catnap on Sundays.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|Useful Idioms For Casual Conversation|
|Top Idioms For Cold Weather|
|Useful Idioms For Daily Routine|
|Helpful Idioms For Daily Use With Meaning|
|Everyday Idioms For Daily Conversation|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.