English Idioms for Going To Sleep, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Going To Sleep are confusing to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Going To Sleep, students studying English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners face comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This idioms list of Going To Sleep makes learning straightforward, with common Going To Sleep idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Going To Sleep together.
Idioms for Going To Sleep with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Hit The Hay
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Hay
The expression “hit the hay” is a colloquial way of saying that someone is going to bed.
Hit The Hay Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I’m ready to hit the hay.
- I’m so exhausted, I think I’m going to hit the hay early tonight.
- I’m not feeling well, so I’m going to hit the hay and get some rest.
- It’s getting late, so let’s hit the hay.
- I’m so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open Time to hit the hay.
2. Call It A Night
Definition and Meaning: Call It A Night
The expression “call it a night” is used to indicate that one is ready to stop doing something and go to sleep.
Call It A Night Example Sentences:
- It’s getting late, so let’s call it a night and head home.
- We’ve been working on this project for hours, let’s call it a night and pick it up tomorrow.
- We’ve had a long day, let’s call it a night and get some rest.
- We’ve had a great evening, let’s call it a night and say our goodbyes.
- We’ve had enough fun for one night, let’s call it a night and get some sleep.
3. Catch Some Z’s
Definition and Meaning: Catch Some Z’s
The expression “catch some Z’s” is a slang term that means to take a nap or to sleep.
Catch Some Z’s Example Sentences:
- After a long day at work, I’m ready to catch some Z’s.
- I’m so exhausted, I think I’ll just go to bed and catch some Z’s.
- I’m going to take a nap and catch some Z’s.
- I’m going to turn off my phone and catch some Z’s.
- I’m going to turn off the lights and catch some Z’s.
4. Take A Nap
Definition and Meaning: Take A Nap
The expression “take a nap” means to sleep for a short period of time, usually during the day.
Take A Nap Example Sentences:
- After a long day at work, I decided to take a nap before dinner.
- I’m feeling a bit tired, so I’m going to take a nap before I start studying.
- I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed, so I’m going to take a nap to clear my head.
5. Go To Bed
Definition and Meaning: Go To Bed
The expression “go to bed” is a command or request for someone to go to sleep.
Go To Bed Example Sentences:
- After a long day at work, I’m ready to go to bed.
- I’m exhausted, I think I’ll go to bed early tonight.
- I’m not feeling well, so I’m going to go to bed early.
- I’m so tired, I’m just going to go to bed.
- I’m going to go to bed now, I have an early start tomorrow.
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!