English Idioms for Good Food, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Language Students idioms are difficult to understand, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This idioms list of Good Food makes learning simple, with common Good Food idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Good Food together.
Idioms for Good Food with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Finger-Licking Good
Definition and Meaning: Finger-Licking Good
The expression “finger licking” is used to describe something very delicious or tasty.
Finger-Licking Good Example Sentences:
- These ribs are finger-licking good!
- She served us some finger-licking good fried chicken yesterday.
- I haven’t had a finger-licking good lunch in a long while.
- These finger-licking good sliders are to die for!
- He’s known to serve finger-licking good dishes at his parties.
2. Hit The Spot
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Spot
The expression “hit the spot” is used to describe food that’s really satisfying.
Hit The Spot Example Sentences:
- Ramyeon really hits the spot!
- A hot meal would hit the spot right about now.
- Home-cooked meals hit the spot on any occasion.
- I’ve been craving sweets all day and this hits the spot.
- Their grilled dishes hit the spot all the time.
3. I Could Eat This All Day
Definition and Meaning: I Could Eat This All Day
The expression “I could eat this all day” is used to describe how much someone enjoys the food they are eating.
I Could Eat This All Day Example Sentences:
- This pizza is so delicious, I could eat this all day!
- This ice cream is so creamy and sweet, I could eat this all day!
- This soup is so comforting, I could eat this all day!
- This sandwich is so flavorful, I could eat this all day!
- This smoothie is so refreshing, I could eat this all day!
4. In Food Heaven
Definition and Meaning: In Food Heaven
The phrase “in food heaven” is used to describe a state of complete bliss or happiness, usually in relation to eating.
In Food Heaven Example Sentences:
- After tasting the chef’s signature dish, I was in food heaven.
- After a long day of work, I was in food heaven when I got to eat my favorite takeout.
- I was in food heaven when I went to the all-you-can-eat buffet.
- After a week of eating nothing but plain oatmeal, I was in food heaven when I finally got to have a real meal.
- I was in food heaven when I got to try the new restaurant in town.
5. I Could Live On This
Definition and Meaning: I Could Live On This
The expression “I could live on this” is used to describe something that is so good that the speaker could eat it every day and be happy.
I Could Live On This Example Sentences:
- After tasting my grandmother’s homemade lasagna, I said, “I could live on this!
- After taking a bite of my friend’s freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies, I said, “I could live on this!
- After eating a bowl of my mom’s famous chili, I said, “I could live on this!
- After tasting my aunt’s homemade apple pie, I said, “I could live on this!
- After eating a plate of my dad’s barbeque ribs, I said, “I could live on this!
6. I’m In Foodie Heaven!
Definition and Meaning: I’m In Foodie Heaven!
The expression “I’m in foodie heaven!” is used to describe a situation where someone is surrounded by a lot of delicious food.
I’m In Foodie Heaven! Example Sentences:
- I just tried the most amazing new restaurant in town. I’m in foodie heaven!
- I’m at the farmer’s market and there are so many delicious fruits and vegetables. I’m in foodie heaven!
- I’m at a five-star restaurant and the food is incredible. I’m in foodie heaven!
- I’m at a food festival and there are so many different types of cuisine. I’m in foodie heaven!
- I’m at a gourmet food store and there are so many unique ingredients. I’m in foodie heaven!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|7 Top Idioms For Food|
|8 Helpful Idioms For Cake|
|7 Important Idioms For Delicious Food|
|8 Useful Idioms For Eating Food|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!