English Idioms for Good Work, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms for Good Work are confusing to learn, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Good Work, students learning English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners face in comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Good Work makes learning straightforward, with common Good Work idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Good Work together.
Idioms for Good Work with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Job Well Done Is Its Own Reward
Definition and Meaning: A Job Well Done Is Its Own Reward
The expression means that the satisfaction of completing a task is more valuable than any external recognition or reward.
A Job Well Done Is Its Own Reward Example Sentences:
- I was so exhausted after cleaning the entire house by myself, but it felt good to know that I did a job well done.
- My boss told me that I didn’t need to worry about getting a raise because a job well done is its own reward.
- I know you’re not getting paid for this, but I really appreciate your hard work A job well done is its own reward.
- Even though I didn’t get a bonus, I was happy with the knowledge that I did a good job A job well done is its own reward.
2. Bend Over Backwards
Definition and Meaning: Bend Over Backwards
The expression “bend over backwards” means to work extra hard to make someone happy or to help them
Bend Over Backwards Example Sentences:
- They bend over backwards to give great service to their clients.
- There’s no need for you to bend over backwards on this project.
3. Better Late Than Never
Definition and Meaning: Better Late Than Never
The expression “better late than never” means that it is better to do something late than to never do it at all.
Better Late Than Never Example Sentences:
- I’m sorry I’m late to your party, but better late than never, right.
- I know I should have started studying for the test sooner, but better late than never.
- Better late than never!
- I know I should have called you sooner, but better late than never.
- I’m sorry I didn’t RSVP to your wedding sooner but better late than never.
4. The Best Things In Life
Definition and Meaning: The Best Things In Life
The best things in life are those that are free.
The Best Things In Life Example Sentences:
- The best things in life are free
- The best things in life are worth fighting for
- The best things in life are worth waiting for
- The best things in life are worth sacrificing for
- The best things in life are worth living for
5. Make Hay While The Sun Shines
Definition and Meaning: Make Hay While The Sun Shines
The expression “make hay while the sun shines” means to take advantage of a good opportunity while it lasts.
Make Hay While The Sun Shines Example Sentences:
- Make hay while the sun shines, because you never know when it will rain.
- If you want to make money, make hay while the sun shines.
- Don’t wait for the perfect opportunity, make hay while the sun shines.
- Make the most of your time, make hay while the sun shines.
- Now is the time to act, make hay while the sun shines.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|7 Common Idioms For Beach|
|9 Everyday Idioms For Congratulations|
|5 Best Idioms For Debate|
|10 Best Idioms For Bad|
|9 Best Idioms For Compliments|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!