7 Everyday Idioms For Gorgeous
English Idioms for Gorgeous, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Language Students, idioms for Gorgeous are difficult to get one’s head around, the reason being; Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This list of idioms for Gorgeous makes learning simple, with common Gorgeous idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Gorgeous together.
Idioms for Gorgeous with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Real Knockout
Definition and Meaning: A Real Knockout
The expression “a real knockout” is used to describe someone who is extremely attractive.
A Real Knockout Example Sentences:
- She was a real knockout in her new dress at the party
- His new car is a real knockout
- That new restaurant is a real knockout
- His new song is a real knockout
- Her new hairstyle is a real knockout
2. She’s A Beauty
Definition and Meaning: She’s A Beauty
The expression “She’s a beauty” is used to describe someone who is physically attractive.
She’s A Beauty Example Sentences:
- Look at that dress she’s wearing, she’s a beauty!
- That car is a real classic, she’s a beauty!
- That painting is stunning, she’s a beauty!
- That diamond necklace is gorgeous, she’s a beauty!
- That garden is so lush and vibrant, she’s a beauty!
Definition and Meaning: Show-Stopper
The expression “show-stopper” is used to describe a problem that is so severe that it cannot be ignored or overcome.
Show-Stopper Example Sentences:
- The new software update was a show-stopper for the project, as it caused the system to crash
- The lack of funding was a show-stopper for the research team, as they could not continue without it
- The broken elevator was a show-stopper for the building, as it prevented people from accessing the upper floors
- The missing ingredient was a show-stopper for the chef, as the dish could not be completed without it
- The power outage was a show-stopper for the concert, as the equipment could not be used without electricity
Definition and Meaning: Heart-Breaker
A heart-breaker is a person who breaks hearts, typically by leading someone on and then abruptly ending the relationship.
Heart-Breaker Example Sentences:
- She was such a heart-breaker, leaving a trail of broken hearts behind her wherever she went
- He was a real heart-breaker, with his good looks and charming personality
- She was a heart-breaker, always playing with people’s emotions
- He was a heart-breaker, never staying with one girl for too long
- She was a heart-breaker, always leaving people wanting more
5. She’s A Real Beauty
Definition and Meaning: She’s A Real Beauty
The expression “She’s a real beauty” is used to describe someone who is physically attractive.
She’s A Real Beauty Example Sentences:
- Look at her, she’s a real beauty! She’s so gorgeous
- That dress she’s wearing is stunning She’s a real beauty.
- She’s a real beauty inside and out She’s so kind and generous.
- He’s so lucky to have her She’s a real beauty.
- She’s a real beauty, no matter what she wears She looks amazing in anything.
6. She’s A Dream Girl
Definition and Meaning: She’s A Dream Girl
The expression “She’s a dream girl” means that she is the perfect girl for him and he can’t imagine anyone better.
She’s A Dream Girl Example Sentences:
- He’s been searching for the perfect girl for years, and now that he’s met her, he says she’s a dream girl
- She’s beautiful, smart, and kind – she’s a dream girl in every way
- He thought he’d never find someone like her, but she was a dream girl
- He’s so lucky to have found her – she’s a dream girl
- She’s the perfect combination of everything he’s ever wanted – she’s a dream girl
7. Absolutely Gorgeous
Definition and Meaning: Absolutely Gorgeous
The expression “absolutely gorgeous” is used to describe something that is extremely beautiful.
Absolutely Gorgeous Example Sentences:
- She wore an absolutely gorgeous dress to the party
- The sunset was absolutely gorgeous tonight
- His new car is absolutely gorgeous
- The view from the top of the mountain was absolutely gorgeous
- The garden was absolutely gorgeous with all the flowers in bloom
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Idioms For The Best Of The Best|
|Idioms For Impressive|
|Idioms For Flowers|
|Idioms For Futility|
|Idioms For Hobbies|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Bethany MacDonald has contributed articles LillyPad.ai since 2020. As their Blog Lead, she specialises in informative pieces on culture, education, and language learning