3 Top Idioms For Great
English Idioms for Great, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Language Students, idioms for Great are difficult to make head or tail of, the reason being; Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Great, English learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and appropriate usage. This list of idioms for Great makes learning simple, with common Great idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Great together.
Idioms for Great with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Great Job!
Definition and Meaning: Great Job!
The expression “Great job!” is used to express approval or admiration for someone’s work or achievement.
Great Job! Example Sentences:
- You finished the project ahead of schedule – great job!
- You aced your math test – great job!
- You got the promotion – great job!
- You landed the new client – great job!
- You completed the marathon – great job!
Definition and Meaning: First-Rate
The expression “first-rate” is used to describe something that is of the highest quality.
First-Rate Example Sentences:
- His performance in the play was first-rate and he received a standing ovation
- She is a first-rate chef and her restaurant is always full
- The hotel provided first-rate service and we had a wonderful stay
- His painting skills are first-rate and he has sold many of his works
- The new car has a first-rate engine and is very reliable
Definition and Meaning: Top-Notch
The expression “top-notch” is used to describe something that is of the highest quality.
Top-Notch Example Sentences:
- The new restaurant in town is top-notch, with its five-star menu and impeccable service
- The school’s music program is top-notch, with its award-winning choir and orchestra
- The hotel’s spa is top-notch, with its luxurious amenities and experienced staff
- The university’s engineering program is top-notch, with its cutting-edge research and highly qualified faculty
- The hospital’s emergency room is top-notch, with its state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained staff
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|Idioms For Enjoy|
|Idioms For Fun|
|Idioms For Something Amazing|
|Idioms For Heart Touching|
|Idioms For Cute|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Bethany MacDonald has contributed articles LillyPad.ai since 2020. As their Blog Lead, she specialises in informative pieces on culture, education, and language learning