English Idioms for Greetings, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English, idioms are hard to grasp, the reason being; Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners encounter comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This idioms list of Greetings makes learning straightforward, with common Greetings idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Greetings together.
Idioms for Greetings with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Good Morning
Definition and Meaning: Good Morning
The expression “Good morning” is a greeting that is typically used when someone first sees someone else in the morning.
Good Morning Example Sentences:
- Good morning! I hope you have a great day
- Good morning! I’m so glad to see you
- Good morning! Let’s get started on our project
- Good morning! I’m ready to tackle the day
- Good morning! I’m looking forward to our meeting
2. Good Afternoon
Definition and Meaning: Good Afternoon
It is a polite greeting that is typically used during the afternoon.
Good Afternoon Example Sentences:
- Good afternoon! How can I help you today.
- Good afternoon! It’s nice to meet you.
- Good afternoon! I hope you’re having a great day.
- Good afternoon! What can I do for you.
- Good afternoon! Is there anything I can do for you.
3. Good Evening
Definition and Meaning: Good Evening
The expression “Good evening” is a polite way of saying “Hello” or “Good day” in the evening.
Good Evening Example Sentences:
- Good evening, everyone! I’m so glad you could join us for dinner tonight
- Good evening, Mrs
- Good evening, sir
- Good evening, my friends
- Good evening, ma’am
4. Hi There!
Definition and Meaning: Hi There!
The expression “Hi there!” is a friendly greeting that can be used to start a conversation.
Hi There! Example Sentences:
- Hi there! It’s so nice to see you
- Hi there! How have you been
- Hi there! I’m glad you could make it
- Hi there! What can I do for you
- Hi there! It’s been a while since we last talked
5. What’s Up
Definition and Meaning: What’s Up
The expression “What’s up” is a casual way of asking someone how they are doing.
What’s Up Example Sentences:
- Hey, what’s up
- What’s up, man
- What’s up with you
- What’s up, how are you doing
- What’s up, how have you been
6. Long Time No See
Definition and Meaning: Long Time No See
Long time no see” is an expression used to greet someone whom you have not seen for a long time.
Long Time No See Example Sentences:
- Hey there! Long time no see! How have you been
- Wow, it’s been ages! Long time no see!
- I haven’t seen you in so long! Long time no see!
- It’s been a while! Long time no see!
- Hey there, stranger! Long time no see
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|3 Helpful Idioms For Crowded Places|
|8 Helpful Idioms For A Bad Day|
|10 Useful Idioms For Exercise|
|8 Important Idioms For Fast|
|10 Everyday Idioms For Halloween Costumes|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!