English Idioms for Happiness, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Happiness are confusing to grasp, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Happiness, English learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and fitting usage. This list of idioms for Happiness makes learning effortless, with common Happiness idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Happiness together.
Idioms for Happiness with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. On Cloud Nine
Definition and Meaning: On Cloud Nine
The expression “on cloud nine” is used to describe a state of happiness or euphoria.
On Cloud Nine Example Sentences:
- I’m on cloud nine after hearing the news that I got the job.
- She’s been on cloud nine since she got engaged.
- I was on cloud nine when I found out I was pregnant.
- He’s been on cloud nine since he won the lottery.
- We were on cloud nine after our vacation.
2. Walking On Air
Definition and Meaning: Walking On Air
The expression “walking on air” is often used to describe the feeling of happiness and elation.
Walking On Air Example Sentences:
- I’m walking on air after finding out I got the job.
- I was walking on air after my date with John.
- I’ll be walking on air when I graduate.
- I’m walking on air after hearing the news.
- I’ll be walking on air when I see her again.
3. Over The Moon
Definition and Meaning: Over The Moon
The phrase “over the moon” is used to describe someone who is extremely happy or excited.
Over The Moon Example Sentences:
- I was over the moon when I found out I won the lottery.
- My boyfriend proposed to me and I was over the moon.
- I was over the moon when I got accepted into my dream school.
- I was over the moon when I found out I was pregnant.
- I was over the moon when I heard my favorite band was going on tour.
4. Seventh Heaven
Definition and Meaning: Seventh Heaven
The expression “seventh heaven” is used to describe a state of perfect happiness.
Seventh Heaven Example Sentences:
- I’m in seventh heaven right now!
- This is the best day ever! I’m in seventh heaven!
- I can’t believe I won the lottery! I’m in seventh heaven!
- I’m so happy with my new job! I’m in seventh heaven!
- My new boyfriend is perfect! I’m in seventh heaven!
5. Like A Kid In A Candy Store
Definition and Meaning: Like A Kid In A Candy Store
The expression “like a kid in a candy store” is used to describe someone who is very excited about something.
Like A Kid In A Candy Store Example Sentences:
- She was like a kid in a candy store when she saw the new shoes on sale.
- He was like a kid in a candy store when he saw the new video game.
- She was like a kid in a candy store when she saw the new dress.
- He was like a kid in a candy store when he saw the new car.
- She was like a kid in a candy store when she saw the new house.
6. On Top Of The World
Definition and Meaning: On Top Of The World
The phrase “on top of the world” is used to describe a feeling of happiness and success.
On Top Of The World Example Sentences:
- I feel on top of the world after finally finishing my degree.
- I won the lottery! I’m on top of the world!
- After years of hard work, I’ve finally achieved my dream of becoming a CEO I’m on top of the world!
- I’m on top of the world after getting engaged to the love of my life.
- I just had the best day ever! I’m on top of the world!
7. A Bowl Of Cherries
Definition and Meaning: A Bowl Of Cherries
The expression “a bowl of cherries” is often used to describe a situation that is pleasant or enjoyable.
A Bowl Of Cherries Example Sentences:
- This job is a bowl of cherries!
- That promotion sounds like a bowl of cherries.
- Life isn’t always a bowl of cherries.
- This party is a bowl of cherries!
- I feel like a bowl of cherries today.
8. In Her Element
Definition and Meaning: In Her Element
The expression “in her element” means that the person is doing something that they are very good at or that they enjoy doing.
In Her Element Example Sentences:
- When she’s teaching her students, she’s in her element.
- She’s a true artist, and you can see it when she’s in her element, creating her paintings.
9. Living The Dream
Definition and Meaning: Living The Dream
The expression “living the dream” is often used to describe someone who is doing what they love and are passionate about.
Living The Dream Example Sentences:
- I’m finally living the dream of owning my own business
- I’m living the dream by traveling the world and seeing new places
- I’m living the dream by being my own boss and working from home
- I’m living the dream by being able to retire early and enjoy my life
- I’m living the dream of being able to help others and make a difference in the world
10. Coming Up Roses
Definition and Meaning: Coming Up Roses
The expression “coming up roses” is often used to describe a situation that is improving or going well.
Coming Up Roses Example Sentences:
- Despite a rocky start, things are coming up roses for the new business.
- After a difficult year, she’s finally coming up roses.
- It’s been a tough few months, but I’m starting to see things coming up roses.
- After a lot of hard work, their garden is finally coming up roses.
- Things might not be perfect, but they’re certainly coming up roses.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|10 Common Idioms For Fear|
|10 Top Idioms For Feeling Sad|
|10 Common Idioms For Angry|
|8 Important Idioms For Feeling Sick|
|8 Top Idioms For Disappointment|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!