English Idioms for Happy Journey, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms are hard to take in and absorb, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners content with comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of Happy Journey makes learning straightforward, with common Happy Journey idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Happy Journey together.
Idioms for Happy Journey with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. On Cloud Nine
Definition and Meaning: On Cloud Nine
The expression “on cloud nine” means a feeling of great happiness after something wonderful happens.
On Cloud Nine Example Sentences:
- I was on cloud nine when I saw the pyramids.
- She was on cloud nine during her trip to Halong bay.
- The first time I rode an airplane, I was literally on cloud nine.
- We were on cloud nine when all 12 of us could finally travel together.
- Exploring the temples in Thailand made me feel like I was on cloud nine.
2. In Seventh Heaven
Definition and Meaning: In Seventh Heaven
The expression “in seventh heaven” means to be so happy that it’s like you’re in heaven.
In Seventh Heaven Example Sentences:
- I’m in seventh heaven whenever I’m traveling with my friends.
- Doesn’t this feel like you’re in seventh heaven?
- We’re in seventh heaven when we’re trying out the local cuisine.
- She’s in seventh heaven now that she’s returned to her favorite city.
- It’s been his dream to go to Italy so he feels like he’s in seventh heaven now.
3. On Top Of The World
Definition and Meaning: On Top Of The World
The expression “on top of the world” means to feel very happy.
On Top Of The World Example Sentences:
- This is what means to be on top of the world! It’s amazing here!
- We were on top of the world during the whole trip.
- I feel like I’m sitting on top of the world when my manuscript was sold.
- She’s on top of the world now with the recent success of her tour agency.
- Jake doesn’t hear anything now. He’s on top of the world grinning like a clown.
4. Like A Dog With Two Tails
Definition and Meaning: Like A Dog With Two Tails
The expression “like a dog with two tails” means to look very and genuinely happy.
Like A Dog With Two Tails Example Sentences:
- Look at Pedro, strolling along the Louvre like a dog with two tails.
- Do you want to know what a dog with two tails looks like? Look at Gina.
- The whole time we were in the forest, he was hopping like a dog with two tails.
- It’s my first time seeing Willem like this. He’s like a dog with two tails.
- We’re like dogs with two tails after snorkeling in the beautiful island of Apo.
5. Over The Moon
Definition and Meaning: Over The Moon
The expression “over the moon” means delighted, pleased, or happy.
Over The Moon Example Sentences:
- I feel over the moon about the trip in January.
- She’s over the moon after meeting her favorite writer on a book tour.
- We traveled to watch the concert and felt over the moon afterward.
- I can’t help but feel over the moon because of the news.
- We thought we’d feel over the moon but it wasn’t as much as we expected.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|10 Useful Idioms For Bad Experience|
|10 Best Idioms For Close Relationship|
|12 Useful Idioms For Clothes|
|2 Helpful Idioms For A Crowded Place|
|10 Top Idioms For Bad Luck|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!