English Idioms for Happy, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms are frustrating to understand, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of Happy makes learning easygoing, with common Happy idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Happy together.
Idioms for Happy with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. On Cloud Nine
Definition and Meaning: On Cloud Nine
The expression “on cloud nine” is used to describe a state of happiness or euphoria.
On Cloud Nine Example Sentences:
- I’m on cloud nine after hearing the news that I got the job.
- She’s been on cloud nine since she got engaged.
- I was on cloud nine when I found out I was pregnant.
- He’s been on cloud nine since he won the lottery.
- We were on cloud nine after our vacation.
2. Over The Moon
Definition and Meaning: Over The Moon
The phrase “over the moon” is used to describe someone who is extremely happy or excited.
Over The Moon Example Sentences:
- I was over the moon when I found out I won the lottery.
- My boyfriend proposed to me and I was over the moon.
- I was over the moon when I got accepted into my dream school.
- I was over the moon when I found out I was pregnant.
- I was over the moon when I heard my favorite band was going on tour.
3. On Top Of The World
Definition and Meaning: On Top Of The World
The phrase “on top of the world” is used to describe a feeling of happiness and success.
On Top Of The World Example Sentences:
- I feel on top of the world after finally finishing my degree.
- I won the lottery! I’m on top of the world!
- After years of hard work, I’ve finally achieved my dream of becoming a CEO I’m on top of the world!
- I’m on top of the world after getting engaged to the love of my life.
- I just had the best day ever! I’m on top of the world!
4. Feeling Good
Definition and Meaning: Feeling Good
The expression “feeling good” is often used to describe the feeling of happiness or satisfaction.
Feeling Good Example Sentences:
- I’m feeling good about my decision to quit my job.
- I’m feeling good about my new diet.
- I’m feeling good about my new workout routine.
- I’m feeling good about my new relationship.
- I’m feeling good about my new job.
5. In A Good Mood
Definition and Meaning: In A Good Mood
The expression “in a good mood” is used to describe someone who is happy and content.
In A Good Mood Example Sentences:
- I’m in a good mood today.
6. Pleased As Punch
Definition and Meaning: Pleased As Punch
The phrase “pleased as punch” is used to describe someone who is very pleased with themselves or with a situation.
Pleased As Punch Example Sentences:
- I was pleased as punch when I found out I got the job.
- My grandmother was pleased as punch when I told her I was getting married.
- I was pleased as punch when my team won the championship.
- My son was pleased as punch when he got his first A in school.
- I was pleased as punch when I finally finished my novel.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|10 Best Idioms For Being Lost|
|8 Top Idioms For Disappointment|
|9 Best Idioms For Feeling Happy|
|9 Best Idioms For Falling In Love|
|10 Top Idioms For Feeling Sad|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!