English Idioms for Hard, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms for Hard are frustrating to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Hard, ESL students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners contend with comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Hard makes learning straightforward, with common Hard idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Hard together.
Idioms for Hard with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. As Hard As Nails
Definition and Meaning: As Hard As Nails
The expression “as hard as nails” is used to describe someone or something that is very tough and resilient.
As Hard As Nails Example Sentences:
- She’s a tough boss, as hard as nails when it comes to deadlines.
- He’s a real workaholic, as hard as nails when it comes to getting the job done.
- She’s a no-nonsense teacher, as hard as nails when it comes to discipline.
- He’s a strict father, as hard as nails when it comes to setting rules.
- She’s a demanding coach, as hard as nails when it comes to practice.
2. As Hard As A Rock
Definition and Meaning: As Hard As A Rock
This expression is used to describe something that is very difficult or impossible to do.
As Hard As A Rock Example Sentences:
- His heart was as hard as a rock when she told him the news.
- She was as hard as a rock when it came to making decisions.
- His resolve was as hard as a rock when it came to his beliefs.
- His will was as hard as a rock when it came to achieving his goals.
- His determination was as hard as a rock when it came to succeeding.
3. As Hard As
Definition and Meaning: As Hard As
The expression “as hard as” is used to describe how difficult something is.
As Hard As Example Sentences:
- She worked as hard as she could to finish the project on time.
- He studied as hard as he could to get a good grade on the test.
- She tried as hard as she could to make the team.
- He worked as hard as possible to get the job done.
- She practiced as hard as she could to perfect her skills.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|8 Important Idioms For Dying|
|10 Everyday Idioms For Halloween Costumes|
|10 Useful Idioms For Bored|
|10 Top Idioms For Bad Luck|
|10 Helpful Idioms For Busy|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!