7 Common Idioms For Having A Good Time
English Idioms for Having A Good Time, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Having A Good Time are frustrating to comprehend, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Having A Good Time, English students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners confront comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This idioms list of Having A Good Time makes learning simple, with common Having A Good Time idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Having A Good Time together.
Idioms for Having A Good Time with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Let The Good Times Roll
Definition and Meaning: Let The Good Times Roll
The expression “let the good times roll” is often used to describe a situation where people are enjoying themselves and having a good time.
Let The Good Times Roll Example Sentences:
- Let’s let the good times roll tonight and party like there’s no tomorrow!
- I’m so glad we finally get to let the good times roll and just relax on this vacation.
- I’m ready to let the good times roll!
- Let’s make some memories and let the good times roll.
2. You Only Live Once
Definition and Meaning: You Only Live Once
The expression “you only live once” means that you have one life to live and that you should make the most of it.
You Only Live Once Example Sentences:
- You only live once, so make sure you live your life to the fullest!
- Don’t be afraid to take risks – you only live once!
- Seize the day and make the most of it – you only live once!
- Don’t let your fears hold you back – you only live once!
- Remember, you only live once – so make it count!
3. Party On
Definition and Meaning: Party On
“Party on” is an expression that means to keep doing what you’re doing, especially if it’s something that’s enjoyable.
Party On Example Sentences:
- Let’s party on and have some fun tonight!
- We’re going to party on and celebrate our success!
- He will party on after accepting his promotion.
- She will party on because her research was a success.
4. To Have A Whale Of A Time
Definition and Meaning: To Have A Whale Of A Time
The expression “to have a whale of a time” means to enjoy oneself and have a great time.
To Have A Whale Of A Time Example Sentences:
- He had a whale of a time at the party last night.
- We are going to have a whale of a time in Greece for our vacation.
- She is going to have a whale of a time at the concert next week.
- My children will have a whale of a time at the mall.
5. Hit The Town
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Town
The expression “hit the town” means to go out and have a good time.
Hit The Town Example Sentences:
- I’m going to hit the town tonight and let loose!
- My friends and I will hit the town on the weekend.
- He will hit the town today to celebrate his birthday.
- Their family will hit the town and eat dinner at a fancy restaurant.
6. Paint The Town Red
Definition and Meaning: Paint The Town Red
The expression “paint the town red” means to have a lot of fun or to celebrate.
Paint The Town Red Example Sentences:
- After finally landing her dream job, she decided to paint the town red to celebrate.
- After a long week of work, he was ready to paint the town red.
- We will paint the town red this evening.
- Let’s paint the town red and attend the music festival tonight.
7. Have A Blast
Definition and Meaning: Have A Blast
The expression “have a blast” means to have a lot of fun.
Have A Blast Example Sentences:
- I’m going to have a blast at the party tonight!
- He is having a blast after his graduation.
- She is having a blast while watching the football match live.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For Cool|
|Everyday Idioms For Conversation|
|Helpful Idioms For Easy Task|
|Top Idioms For Great|
|Common Idioms For Wishing Good Luck|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.