4 Common Idioms For Help
English Idioms for Help, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students, idioms for Help are hard to grasp, the reason being; Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Help, English students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners confront comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Help makes learning painless, with common Help idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Help together.
Idioms for Help with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Helping Hand
Definition and Meaning: A Helping Hand
The expression “a helping hand” is used to describe someone who is willing to help another person in need.
A Helping Hand Example Sentences:
- My neighbour offered me a helping hand when I was struggling to move my furniture
- My boss gave me a helping hand when I was having trouble with a project
- My friend was always there to lend me a helping hand when I needed it
- My parents gave me a helping hand when I was trying to find a job
- My teacher offered me a helping hand when I was struggling with my studies
2. Lend A Hand
Definition and Meaning: Lend A Hand
The expression “lend a hand” means to help someone with a task.
Lend A Hand Example Sentences:
- My neighbour was struggling to move a heavy piece of furniture, so I offered to lend a hand
- When my colleague was overwhelmed with her workload, I offered to lend a hand and take on some of her tasks
- When my friend was organizing a charity event, I volunteered to lend a hand and help out
3. Give A Helping Hand
Definition and Meaning: Give A Helping Hand
The expression “give a helping hand” means to help someone with a task or problem.
Give A Helping Hand Example Sentences:
- My neighbour was struggling to move his furniture, so I offered to give a helping hand
- I want to give a helping hand
- It’s important to give a helping hand
4. Eager To Help
Definition and Meaning: Eager To Help
The expression “eager to help” means that the person is willing and enthusiastic to help.
Eager To Help Example Sentences:
- My neighbour is always eager to help me with my garden
- My boss was eager to help me with my project
- My teacher was eager to help me understand the material
- My friends were eager to help me move into my new apartment
- My family was eager to help me plan my wedding
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|Idioms For Healthy|
|Idioms For Getting Worse|
|Idioms For Relationships|
|Idioms For Beautiful Flowers|
|Idioms For Great|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.