English Idioms for Impressive use expressions and proverbs that are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners, idioms are hard to conceptualize, the reason being; Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Impressive, students learning English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday use.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This idioms list of Impressive makes learning easy, with common Impressive idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Impressive together.
Idioms for Impressive with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Takes The Cake
Definition and Meaning: Takes The Cake
The expression “takes the cake” is used to describe someone or something that is the best or most impressive.
Takes The Cake Example Sentences:
- That new car takes the cake!
- His new haircut takes the cake!
- Her new dress takes the cake!
- Their new house takes the cake!
- His new job takes the cake!
2. The Icing On The Cake
Definition and Meaning: The Icing On The Cake
The expression “the icing on the cake” is used to describe something that makes a good situation even better.
The Icing On The Cake Example Sentences:
- The new car is the icing on the cake!
- This vacation is the icing on the cake!
- The new house is the icing on the cake!
- The new job is the icing on the cake!
- The new baby is the icing on the cake!
3. Knocked It Out Of The Park
Definition and Meaning: Knocked It Out Of The Park
The expression “knocked it out of the park” is used to describe a situation where someone has done something extremely well.
Knocked It Out Of The Park Example Sentences:
- The athlete knocked it out of the park with their stunning performance
- The musician knocked it out of the park with their moving composition
- The artist knocked it out of the park with their beautiful painting
- The writer knocked it out of the park with their gripping story
- The director knocked it out of the park with their thought-provoking film
4. Home Run
Definition and Meaning: Home Run
It means hitting the ball out of the park and scoring a run.
Home Run Example Sentences:
- The company’s new product is a home run with consumers
- The athlete hit a home run and won the game for his team
- The politician’s speech was a home run with the audience
- The new restaurant is a home run with food critics
- The movie was a home run at the box office
5. Hit It Out Of The Park
Definition and Meaning: Hit It Out Of The Park
The expression “hit it out of the park” is used to describe a situation where someone has done something extremely well.
Hit It Out Of The Park Example Sentences:
- The new product launch was a huge success and really hit it out of the park
- The company’s quarterly results were very strong and hit it out of the park
- The team’s performance in the championship game was outstanding and hit it out of the park
- The actor’s performance in the play was simply amazing and hit it out of the park
- The singer’s performance at the concert was incredible and hit it out of the park
6. Great Job!
Definition and Meaning: Great Job!
The expression “Great job!” is used to express approval or admiration for someone’s work or achievement.
Great Job! Example Sentences:
- You did a great job on that project!
- You’re doing a great job!
- That was a great job!
- You did a great job!
7. Well Done
Definition and Meaning: Well Done
The expression “well done” is used to express approval or praise for someone who has done something successfully.
Well Done Example Sentences:
- Well done on your new job!
- Well done on your exam results!
- Well done on your presentation!
- Well done on your project!
- Well done on your achievements!
Definition and Meaning: Bravo
Bravo” is an expression of approval or admiration.
Bravo Example Sentences:
- Bravo on your new job!
- Bravo on your performance!
- Bravo on your new car!
- Bravo on your new house!
- Bravo on your new baby!
9. On A Roll
Definition and Meaning: On A Roll
The expression “on a roll” means that someone is having a streak of good luck.
On A Roll Example Sentences:
- I’m on a roll with my new workout routine and I’m feeling great!
- I’ve been on a roll at work lately and my boss has been really impressed
- My team is on a roll and we’re winning every game!
- I’ve been on a roll with my studies and I’m getting straight A’s
- I’m on a roll with my new business and it’s doing really well
10. Keep Up
Definition and Meaning: Keep Up
The expression “keep up” is often used to encourage someone to continue doing something or to tell someone to hurry up.
Keep Up Example Sentences:
- Keep up the good work!
- I’m trying to keep up with my workout routine
- I can’t keep up with the Joneses
- I need to keep up with my reading
- Keep up, or you’ll fall behind!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|10 Common Idioms For Annoyance|
|5 Best Idioms For Debate|
|5 Best Idioms For Cheap|
|8 Everyday Idioms For Greed|
|9 Everyday Idioms For Good News|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!