8 Helpful Idioms For Kind
English Idioms for Kind, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms for Kind are confusing to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Kind, language learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and fitting usage. This list of idioms for Kind makes learning simple, with common Kind idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Kind together.
Idioms for Kind with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Do Someone A Kindness
Definition and Meaning: Do Someone A Kindness
This expression means to do a kind deed for a person or a group of people.
Do Someone A Kindness Example Sentences:
- We welcome every opportunity to do others a kindness.
- Our neighbors did us a kindness and cleared the backyard.
- A lot more people should make an effort to do someone a kindness.
- Why don’t you do everyone a kindness and stop talking?
- We did him a kindness and left a 100-dollar tip. He did so much for us.
2. Be Kindness Itself
Definition and Meaning: Be Kindness Itself
The expression “be kindness itself” is used to be the epitome, embodiment, or standard of kindness.
Be Kindness Itself Example Sentences:
- My mother is kindness itself. She helps everyone out.
- Everyone’s grandmother is kindness itself, except mine that is.
- They say Tim is kindness itself and I can tell you that they are right.
- Beeda doesn’t like to be referred to as kindness itself. She hates attention.
- We will make an effort to be kindness itself from now on.
3. Depend/Rely On The Kindness Of Strangers
Definition and Meaning: Depend/Rely On The Kindness Of Strangers
The expression “depend/rely on the kindness of strangers” means to rely or depend on the goodwill, support, or generosity of other people.
Depend/Rely On The Kindness Of Strangers Example Sentences:
- Tootsy has been homeless and relied on the kindness of strangers.
- We depend on the kindness of strangers to get by.
- Without my family’s support, I’ve had to rely on the kindness of strangers a few times.
- It’s not easy to depend on the kindness of strangers. It doesn’t come often.
- At this point, we can’t do much but rely on the kindness of strangers.
4. Out Of The Kindness Of (One’s) Heart
Definition and Meaning: Out Of The Kindness Of (One’s) Heart
The expression “out of the kindness of (one’s) heart” means because of someone’s altruistic nature without any hidden agendas.
Out Of The Kindness Of (One’s) Heart Example Sentences:
- Sagat did all that out of the kindness of his heart and didn’t want others to know.
- Alice doesn’t believe it’s out of the kindness of Roberta’s heart.
- We’re inclined to think this isn’t out of the kindness of your heart. You need something from us.
- They offered to help us out this month out of the kindness of their hearts.
- Have you ever done anything out of the kindness of your heart?
5. A Nice Touch
Definition and Meaning: A Nice Touch
The expression “a nice touch” means a kind action or thought.
A Nice Touch Example Sentences:
- The personalized letter was a nice touch.
- That’s a nice touch, thank you very much.
- Luisa thought the flowers were a nice touch.
- Your giveaway was a nice touch. We loved it.
- Did you also make this bouquet? What a nice touch!
6. One Good Turn Deserves Another
Definition and Meaning: One Good Turn Deserves Another
The expression “one good turn deserves another” means one act of kindness should be reciprocated.
One Good Turn Deserves Another Example Sentences:
- One good turn deserves another. So I’ll allow them to use the cabin.
- The officer let us off the hook in exchange. One good turn deserves another, as they say.
- It’s his turn to help you now. One good turn deserves another.
- They looked after our children after we did the same for them last week. One good turn deserves another.
7. Come From A Good Place
Definition and Meaning: Come From A Good Place
To be motivated by kindness, good intentions, and other similar traits.
Come From A Good Place Example Sentences:
- He’s coming from a good place so just say thank you.
- Why is Fiona so suspicious? I’m coming from a good place.
- The compensation you got comes from a good place so just show your gratitude.
- Silas comes from a good place, which makes everyone like him.
- I’m doing this coming from a good place, which means I don’t expect anything in return.
8. Kill Someone With Kindness
Definition and Meaning: Kill Someone With Kindness
This expression means to return someone’s cruelty or meanness with a kind gesture.
Kill Someone With Kindness Example Sentences:
- Shane ignored his bullies and killed them with kindness instead.
- Best to just kill your haters with kindness or get off social media.
- Instead of revenge, Thomas killed them all with kindness.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Idioms For Speech|
|Idioms For Thankful|
|Idioms For Dating|
|Idioms For Helping|
|Idioms For Congratulations|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.