8 Everyday Idioms For Kindness
English Idioms for Kindness, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms for Kindness are difficult to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Kindness, English learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This idioms list of Kindness makes learning trouble-free, with common Kindness idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Kindness together.
Idioms for Kindness with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Do Someone A Kindness
Definition and Meaning: Do Someone A Kindness
This expression means to do a kind deed for a person or a group of people.
Do Someone A Kindness Example Sentences:
- I welcome every chance to do someone a kindness.
- My neighbor’s son did me a kindness and mowed the lawn.
- If people made an effort to do someone a kindness, this world will be a better place.
- Why don’t you do everyone a kindness and leave the party?
- Just do him a kindness and leave a big tip. He did so much for you.
2. Be Kindness Itself
Definition and Meaning: Be Kindness Itself
The expression “be kindness itself” is used to be the epitome, embodiment, or standard of kindness.
Be Kindness Itself Example Sentences:
- That woman is kindness itself.
- Everyone’s grandma is kindness itself, except my granny.
- They say Roger is kindness itself and I can tell you that they are right.
- He doesn’t like to be referred to as kindness itself. He doesn’t want recognition.
- I make an effort to be kindness itself but with her it’s difficult.
3. Depend/Rely On The Kindness Of Strangers
Definition and Meaning: Depend/Rely On The Kindness Of Strangers
The expression “depend/rely on the kindness of strangers” means to rely or depend on the goodwill, support, or generosity of other people.
Depend/Rely On The Kindness Of Strangers Example Sentences:
- I’ve lived on the streets and relied on the kindness of strangers for a while.
- They depend on the kindness of strangers to get by.
- Without friends or family nearby, I’ve had to rely on the kindness of strangers a few times.
- It’s hard to depend on the kindness of strangers. You should try your utmost to survive on your own.
- At this point, we can’t do much but rely on the kindness of strangers.
4. Out Of The Kindness Of (One’s) Heart
Definition and Meaning: Out Of The Kindness Of (One’s) Heart
The expression “out of the kindness of (one’s) heart” means because of someone’s altruistic nature without any hidden agendas.
Out Of The Kindness Of (One’s) Heart Example Sentences:
- Robert did all that out of the kindness of his heart and didn’t want attention.
- She doesn’t believe it’s out of the kindness of Neo’s heart. He’s never done anything like it.
- I’m inclined to think this isn’t out of the kindness of your heart. What do you want?
- They offered to put the family up for two months out of the kindness of their hearts.
- Have you ever done anything out of the kindness of your heart?
5. A Nice Touch
Definition and Meaning: A Nice Touch
The expression “a nice touch” means a kind action or thought.
A Nice Touch Example Sentences:
- The personalized card was a nice touch.
- That’s a nice touch, thank you so much.
- Marga thought the flowers were a nice touch.
- Your gift was a nice touch. She loved it.
- Did you also make this? What a nice touch!
6. One Good Turn Deserves Another
Definition and Meaning: One Good Turn Deserves Another
The expression “one good turn deserves another” means one act of kindness should be reciprocated.
One Good Turn Deserves Another Example Sentences:
- One good turn deserves another. So I’ll allow them to use the pool.
- She let us off the hook in exchange. As they say, one good turn deserves another.
- It’s my turn to help you now. One good turn deserves another.
- They looked after the house after we did the same last year. See? One good turn deserves another.
7. Come From A Good Place
Definition and Meaning: Come From A Good Place
To be motivated by kindness, good intentions, and other similar traits.
Come From A Good Place Example Sentences:
- They’re coming from a good place so don’t doubt them.
- Desiree’s offer came from a good place so we were so thankful.
- The reprieve comes from a good place. Best to just show your gratitude.
- Quentin comes from a good place, which makes him a friend to everyone.
- I’m doing this coming from a good place, which means I don’t expect anything in return.
8. Kill Someone With Kindness
Definition and Meaning: Kill Someone With Kindness
This expression means to return someone’s cruelty or meanness with a kind gesture.
Kill Someone With Kindness Example Sentences:
- Ignore your bullies and kill them with kindness.
- Best to just kill the haters with kindness. They’re hopeless.
- Zelda has a lot of naysayers but she kills them all with kindness.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Idioms For Adventure|
|Idioms For Appreciation|
|Idioms For Famous|
|Idioms For Understanding Something|
|Idioms For Beautiful Flowers|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.