English Idioms for Lazy, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms are frustrating to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Lazy, language learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Lazy makes learning painless, with common Lazy idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Lazy together.
Idioms for Lazy with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Slack Off
Definition and Meaning: Slack Off
The expression “slack off” to make a lesser effort than the previous time.
Slack Off Example Sentences:
- Jess started slacking off at school after his parents’ divorce.
- Students usually slack off after a long vacation.
- I’m told that you’ve slacked off on several of your subjects.
- Quit slacking off. I know you can do better.
- He slacked off last semester but seems himself again these days.
2. Kill Time
Definition and Meaning: Kill Time
The expression “kill time” means to spend time doing something trivial while waiting or while there’s nothing else to do.
Kill Time Example Sentences:
- We have an hour until boarding so let’s kill time at the cafe.
- How do you kids kill time around here?
- For me, nothing’s better than killing time with a book at the beach.
- They killed time while waiting for Sonia to finish shopping.
- Go shop for shoes. I’ll kill time in the bookstore.
3. Bum Around
Definition and Meaning: Bum Around
The expression “bum around” means to spend time someplace without a job or a lot of money. It can also mean doing something else when one is supposed to be working.
Bum Around Example Sentences:
- He bummed around in Southeast Asia for 2 years after graduation.
- I’d like to know what it feels like to bum around in another country.
- The boss is furious because he caught them bumming around downstairs.
- There aren’t any emails to answer, so Dex bummed around for a few minutes.
- Can you bum around somewhere else? Some of us actually take our jobs seriously.
4. As Slow As Molasses
Definition and Meaning: As Slow As Molasses
The expression “as slow as molasses” means one or something is very slow or something is being done very slowly.
As Slow As Molasses Example Sentences:
- Salome is as slow as molasses so if you have to meet at 9, tell her you’ll meet at 8.
- Felix carried the boxes as slow as molasses.
- You’re as slow as molasses and I’d have to let you go if you don’t improve.
- Now I can see where you got being as slow as molasses. You’re just like your mom.
- Why is the process as slow as molasses? Didn’t we buy new parts last month?
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|9 Everyday Idioms For Enjoy|
|8 Common Idioms For Funny|
|9 Best Idioms For Beautiful Eyes|
|1 Everyday Idioms For Example|
|10 Top Idioms For Good|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!