7 Everyday Idioms For Love Of My Life
English Idioms for Love Of My Life, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms are difficult to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This idioms list of Love Of My Life makes learning painless, with common Love Of My Life idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Love Of My Life together.
Idioms for Love Of My Life with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. To The Moon And Back
Definition and Meaning: To The Moon And Back
The expression “to the moon and back” is used to describe how much someone loves someone else.
To The Moon And Back Example Sentences:
- I love my daughter to the moon and back.
- I would do anything for my best friend, even go to the moon and back.
- I would go to the moon and back for a chance to see my favorite band live.
- I would travel to the moon and back if it meant I could be with you.
- I would go to the moon and back to make sure my family is safe and happy.
2. Love Someone To Bits
Definition and Meaning: Love Someone To Bits
The expression “love someone to bits” means to love someone very much.
Love Someone To Bits Example Sentences:
- I love them to bits and can’t wait to see them again.
- My aunt Marianne loves us to bits!
- I love you to bits, I hope you know that.
- Jenna loves her husband to bits. They were high school sweethearts.
- Will you still love me to bits even when I’m wrinkled and white-haired?
3. Apple Of One’s Eye
Definition and Meaning: Apple Of One’s Eye
This expression is used to call someone that one cherishes, loves, or values the most.
Apple Of One’s Eye Example Sentences:
- Everyone knows that you’re the apple of Harry’s eye.
- Clay doesn’t need a girlfriend. Food is the apple of his eye.
- Allen is the apple of Tae Hyung’s eye.
- Was the man she came to the dinner with the apple of her eye?
- She’ll never do that to you. You’re the apple of her eye.
4. Head Over Heels
Definition and Meaning: Head Over Heels
The expression means to fall madly in love with someone.
Head Over Heels Example Sentences:
- The minute Ben talked to Lina, she was head over heels.
- I can see how much he’s head over heels for you. It’s quite clear.
- It’s been five years but Anne is still head over heels for Kean.
- I get it. You want to know what it feels like to have someone be head over heels for you.
- Liam hasn’t been head over heels for someone until he met Sandra.
5. A Match Made In Heaven
Definition and Meaning: A Match Made In Heaven
The expression “a match made in heaven” is a way of describing a well-suited pairing of people or things
A Match Made In Heaven Example Sentences:
- Look at them! Seeing a match made in heaven is such a breath of fresh air.
- Many people agree that they’re a match made in heaven!
- Ravi and Donna are a match made in heaven. They can read each other’s minds.
- She has never seen a better match made in heaven than Kylie and Megan.
- A match made heaven. This is the perfect slogan for the new product.
6. Take Someone’s Breath Away
Definition and Meaning: Take Someone’s Breath Away
The expression “take someone’s breath away” describes the feeling when you meet someone who is very impressive or someone with extreme beauty or attractiveness.
Take Someone’s Breath Away Example Sentences:
- Stella took everyone’s breath away. She was a sensation at the event.
- It rarely happens for Patrick but Arun took his breath away.
- Seriously? Are you waiting for someone to take your breath away?
- I already liked her but after an hour of conversation, she took my breath away.
- Blaine definitely took the panelists’ breath away. He was hired on the sport.
7. Heart And Soul
Definition and Meaning: Heart And Soul
The phrase “heart and soul” is used to describe someone who is very passionate about something.
Heart And Soul Example Sentences:
- She put her heart and soul into her work, and it showed in the results.
- He was devoted to his family with all his heart and soul.
- She sang the song with heart and soul, and the audience was moved.
- He was a passionate artist who put his heart and soul into his paintings.
- She was determined to succeed and gave it her all with heart and soul.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Useful Idioms For Interview|
|Useful Idioms For Happy Journey|
|Helpful Idioms For Annoyance|
|Everyday Idioms For Kids Examples|
|Helpful Idioms For Crowded Places|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.